1/72 Angel Interceptor - and finally... it's FINISHED

... and how good is this classic kit looking!!! Wow - that’s coming up beautifully John, well - as if it wouldn’t in your capable hands. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 4

Wow, look at that big 'A'! Outstanding work, John - the detail painting is as sharp as decals and the decals have settled as flat as detailed painting. (That paint pot will be devastated when this kit is finished!)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

This one is getting close to being finished now. I completed the stencilling tonight, I'll leave those overnight and give everything a wipe down tomorrow before sealing the decals in with a clear coat. I also sprayed some white on the skids today and the main ones will have the red added tomorrow.

29014792677_deb101faab_b.jpg

by John L, on Flickr 

29014794127_097e430d7f_b.jpg

by John L, on Flickr

• Like 12

I'm almightingly impressed by this kit John, this is just beautiful in every way. 

It just pops right out of that blue background. Nicely photographed. 

Cheers.. Dave

• Like 4

Thanks very much Dave. This kit has left me pleasantly surprised a few times too, and the latest one has been the quality of the decals in my boxing. They are some of the best decals in an Airfix kit that I have worked with, even the smallest stencil has settled down with just a drop of Micro Set and Sol without any silvering. 

• Like 4

I completed the detail painting of the skids this afternoon and these have been added. The model still requires a coat of clear to seal the decals in and then I have to decide on whether I dare risk applying a bit of weathering. With a tendency to overdo, it has been a bit of a risky element to my modelling and generally it's something that I don't do, but it would pick out the panel lines. 

29028332167_e094ca6b01_b.jpg

by John L, on Flickr

29028334387_473106ec57_b.jpg

by John L, on Flickr

29028337347_b403bdb68c_b.jpg

by John L, on Flickr

29028335917_db5945e7d9_b.jpg

by John L, on Flickr

• Like 18

1 hour ago, GREG DESTEC said:

Stellar effort John!

Looks fantastic. Well done.

Cheers Greg 

Thanks Greg. I'm glad that you like it buddy.

57 minutes ago, Max Headroom said:

That is sooooo cool!

I’m thinking of some WHIFS for this.......

Trevor

Cheers Trevor. I have come across several WHIF's for this kit when searching for images, including RAF wrap around camo and Red Arrows versions, An all black trainer version would look good and if your up for more of a challenge then there is always this Falcon Version.  

• Like 3

I just love this! 

A nice thin panel line wash to highlight your rescribing might be all this model needs to weather it a little. Perhaps even the odd felt pen dot and drag smudge might help in a few spots, but I wouldn’t go too far. 

Shes’s a real beaut John.. well done. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Lawzer said:

I can't wait to see this one finished.

:lol: Why, has it been going on that long? :rofl2::winkgrin:

Edited by nimrod54
This is a redacted post. Thanks for the kind comment Ian.
  • Haha 3

The model had a couple of clear coats earlier today and tonight I mixed a thin oil wash using Abteilung 502's Starship Filth. I used this as a pinwash on the panel lines and left it to dry a little before wiping the excess away with cotton buds. I think that I am going to leave it at that because wiping off the residue has left it looking grimy enough not to need anything else, it just needs some time to dry off now before I add a final clear coat - and that should be job done.

30117151868_665fe432cc_b.jpg

by John L, on Flickr

30117152448_5c453e0c6b_b.jpg

by John L, on Flickr

43985668001_00620cfb5b_b.jpg

by John L, on Flickr

• Like 18