Noratlas Nord 2501 1/72 Heller recoloured paintbrush

Hi Nikos,

beautiful Noratlas! I did not even know the Greek Air Force had had this plane in its inventory... Did it, really?

Great show!

JR

• Like 1

fantastic !....how did it build, any pitfalls I need to know about ? as I'm about to start this for a Cold War 'Out of Africa' GB on Facebook   (It'll be done OOB as a French AF operating in Algeria 1961)

Regards Simon

Edited by sig226
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, sig226 said:

fantastic !....how did it build, any pitfalls I need to know about ? as I'm about to start this for a Cold War 'Out of Africa' GB on Facebook   (It'll be done OOB as a French AF operating in Algeria 1961)

Regards Simon

Why not go for a Rwandan machine ;)... i remember seeing her at Kigali, withdrawn from use..... or Niger ;)

Martin

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sig226 said:

Regards Simon

Simon,

there was a good WIP on this kit a few months ago. Unfortunately the  poster seemed to have vanished half way through. There was good stufff going on, though. Search it.

martin

17 minutes ago, RidgeRunner said:

Simon,

there was a good WIP on this kit a few months ago. Unfortunately the  poster seemed to have vanished half way through. There was good stufff going on, though. Search it.

martin

Thanks Martin !, appreciate it

Friend sig226 the problems are to be carefull

1. Put many weight in pilot appartment if you want the plane be on ground (on wheels)

2. Two pieces of vertical tail wings  leaves  vacuum between them

3. The axis of main wheels needs care for  angles while fixing them

4.There are not antennas down of fuselage 

It' s an historical aircraft, the 133 S/N of mission "Nike" with calling signal "Nike 4"and shotted down in 1974 by friendly fires at Nicosia airport in Cyprus killing the crew and soldiers. Except of one commando who jumps out of aircraft without parachute and saved plenty of traumas. (he died 2016). Archaeologists found it in 2016 (with the crew) because all the aircraft with the dead crew buried hasty in the airport .

Nikos, it brings back great memories of touring Greek air bases in 1982 and ‘83. At Elefsis there many Norries, as well as at Athens Hellenikon. I also remember one doing paradropping at Megara. A great sight :).

Martin

Edited by RidgeRunner
  • Like 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ixq8haaHE_k

Archeologist found (2016) the burried "Nike" 4 s/n 133 (1974)  Noratlas in Cyprus 

Ridgerunner I travelled with one of them in 1980 from Thessaloniki to Tripolis (Greece) It flies well and the trip was confortable. The noise is not very big and remember the brake- discs  in a red burning colour while it was braking in landing. Can see the wheel brakes from the fuselage windows.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, nikos said:

Ridgerunner I travelled with one of them in 1980 from Thessaloniki to Tripolis (Greece) It flies well and the trip was confortable. The noise is not very big and remember the brake- discs  in a red burning colour while it was braking in landing. Can see the wheel brakes from the fuselage windows.

Nice :). I am envious :)

Lovely job Nicos,..... I remember seeing a couple of these while on detachment to Sedes airfield in the early 90`s,...... love the scheme! 

Cheers

Tony

• Like 1