SM-79 Savoia Marchetti 1/72 Italeri paintbrush

• 2 years later...
On 6/5/2018 at 12:58 PM, nikos said:

297476-28844-99.jpg297477-28844-23.jpg297478-28844-41.jpg

Good work! Here was my attempt last month--other than how we wrapped the camo around, very similar scheme!

Love this ugly/beautiful plane, but does look like the Italeri kit may have a leg up on Airfix's old one 🤣

• Like 1

I'm ALWAYS a fan of this aircraft. It's a stunning aircraft, and I have a very strong emotional ties to this aircraft (read here if curious) .

I've never done the Italeri kit but my understanding is it is better than the Airfix one? Either way. you have done a cracking job on this tri-engine beauty! I love the all grey front too - I was never sure if I could make it work, but you have! It really throws that 30s vibe out there! 

Nice Sparviero! I'll never forget building Italeri's bomber version, and the top gunner's position wasn't supplied to be opened. I looked through 83 pages of google pic results... to at least finally find what I was looking for. That alone made it a special plane for me. Also adds some different colours to the cupboard collection :) 

Thank you mates. It is true that I did a lot of research on light to come up with this type of camouflage. The specific aircraft was operating from the island of Rhodes. The advantage of the machine gun with the open position of the machine guns is an advantage for Italeri. However, it has a serious problem in the placement and application of the transparent parts of the cockpit. In general, it is a relatively good piece with a good application. And of course on a scale of 1/48, you have even more to give. I plan in the future to make an 1/48 and install lights and motors like my Atlantic.  https://youtu.be/hs0FMOLYZ0U

Edited by nikos
  • Like 1