1/72 Hobby Boss F-84G "Easy Assembly"

I bought a whole lot of AK Interactive Metal paints, and have used some on projects.  I thought I would like to do a kit that is basically all NMF.  Any how I got this little gem.

Don't be fooled by the toy like box art, this thing looks OK.

Box Art and packaging. 

DSC4245-1.jpg

DSC4246-1.jpg

Instructions.

Inst-.jpg

Inst2.jpg

Decals.

decals.jpg

Parts.

DSC4247-1.jpg

DSC4248-1.jpg

And the paints I am going to use, well some of them.

paint.jpg

Thanks for looking in.

Stephen

• Like 7

Hi Stephen, a nice subject. Those Hobbyboss easy builds aren't bad at all and can make fine models with a bit of tweaking. Good luck :).

Martin

• Like 2

Thanks for your interest Ridge Runner, Corsiarfoxfouruncle, Azgaron and Mitch K.

Time for an update.  I was trying to update this build once a day, but the electrician came for a few hours yesterday and relieved me of a days wages.

I have spent less than a hour building the kit and the fit is pretty good.  There is some filling and sanding to be done and still a bit more.  I am going 

to remove the scary looking guns that are on the wingtip tanks.  There is no need to add any weight, the model sits on it's undercarriage perfectly fine OOB,

and no the undercarriage is not glued in.

I am a bit confused as to the colour of the undercarriage, the instructions say white but photographs on the internet look aluminium???  Anybody know?

MG_3788-1.jpg

MG_3791-1.jpg

Pictures look a bit blurry, I had best stop being lazy and start using a tripod.

Thanks for looking in.

Stephen

• Like 5

Hello @StephenCJ ... those aren't guns .. They're early in air refueling probes. Later versions of the plane had a receptacle for a boom in the leading edge of the port wing. A few actually had both but you’d really have to check your sources for serial #’s. Decal # 14B is for the in wing receptacle door. Im Thinking then that decal # 14A would be for the refeuling probes. Looking at the instructions both planes have both refueling systems.  The Landing gear are aluminum if memory serves. 

Dennis

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 2

More progress.  I have painted the fuselage but it was still wet when I did these pictures.

As you can see I used AK's Extreme Metal paints for the undercarriage and drop tanks.  No need to thin, use straight

out of the bottle and clean up with general purpose thinners.  Touch dry in minutes.

The chrome isn't a real chrome, not like Model Master Chrome, it just a silver. 

MG_3795-1.jpg

MG_3796-1.jpg

MG_3799-1.jpg

Thanks for looking in.

Stephen

• Like 4

Most of the painting is now done. 

But a disaster has struck, I painted the wing tip tanks polished aluminium and it hasn't dried.  In the morning I shall remove the paint with a bit of thinners

and paint the tanks with aluminium like the rest of the plane.  The darker colour on the jet nozzle is dark aluminium.

I will also contact AK Interactive for a replacement.  I have spent enough money on their products.  As Killingholme pointed out 5 pounds for the kit and 

50 pounds for the paint.

MG_3801-1.jpg

Thanks for looking in.

Stephen

• Like 3

Update!

Stickers are on, well nearly.  Two to go on the tip tanks and one on the belly of the model and 5 on the canopy.  I have noticed I have worn some of the paint away handling the model.  A little repaint is necessary.

There is some touch ups required on the decals, stripes and checks.

Still to do, the canopy, add the drop tanks, undercarriage doors and rockes and a bit of weathering.

Some pics.

MG_3802-1.jpg

MG_3803-1.jpg

Thanks for stopping by.

Stephen

• Like 11

On 6/5/2018 at 7:50 AM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Ooooh a Thunderjet 👍 ... Im building a HB easy build 262 right now its pretty good. I think i will be getting a few more of these easybuild kits. 

I'm building the HB Z-142 and its totally worth its price.

14 hours ago, StephenCJ said:

Update!

Stickers are on, well nearly.  Two to go on the tip tanks and one on the belly of the model and 5 on the canopy.  I have noticed I have worn some of the paint away handling the model.  A little repaint is necessary.

There is some touch ups required on the decals, stripes and checks.

Still to do, the canopy, add the drop tanks, undercarriage doors and rockes and a bit of weathering.

Some pics.

MG_3802-1.jpg

MG_3803-1.jpg

Thanks for stopping by.

Stephen

Lovely, quick job! Did you use primers, etc.? Are the decals gone directly to the alu paint, or on a clear cote?

For a primer I use Tamiya XF-19 and thin it with General Purpose Thinners.  The type you get from a hardware store or automotive paint shop.

I haven't used a clear coat yet.

Stephen

• Like 1

On 11 June 2018 at 11:06 AM, StephenCJ said:

Most of the painting is now done. 

But a disaster has struck, I painted the wing tip tanks polished aluminium and it hasn't dried.  In the morning I shall remove the paint with a bit of thinners

and paint the tanks with aluminium like the rest of the plane.  The darker colour on the jet nozzle is dark aluminium.

I will also contact AK Interactive for a replacement.  I have spent enough money on their products.  As Killingholme pointed out 5 pounds for the kit and 

50 pounds for the paint.

MG_3801-1.jpg

Thanks for looking in.

Stephen

Nice :)

• Like 1