1/48 Airfix Spitfire Vb

Hello Everyone,

I would like to join this GB. But, not sure if my kit(s) qualify.

I bought these two kits at a swap meet and it came in many pieces. Some of the pieces are painted and the spinner on one kit is glued and puttied.

I think it's with in the 25% rule, but would like confirmation before proceeding.

Have not decided on markings, considering using the new Airfix Vb decals (GN * H)

Hf6jZm4.jpg?1

Thanks

Moe

Edited by CanadaMoe
  • Like 3

Can't see why it wouldn't count given the fact that not much seems done to me. 

As for the age age of the kit no idea. But someone will be along shortly to confirm. 

Welcome if you do join the party 🤠

Edited by Antb
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, CanadaMoe said:

Hello Everyone,

I would like to join this GB. But, not sure if my kit(s) qualify.

I bought these two kits at a swap meet and it came in many pieces. Some of the pieces are painted and the spinner on one kit is glued and puttied.

I think it's with in the 25% rule, but would like confirmation before proceeding.

Have not decided on markings, considering using the new Airfix Vb decals (GN * H)

Thanks

Moe

Certainly within the 25% rule - welcome aboard! 👍

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

See - who needs all this photoetch stuff? IMO, the seat belts will be all you’ll need to add and this cockpit is as good as any other. Nice paintwork to highlight the good kit details. 

Cheers.. Dave

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

@Ventora3300 - here's some pics of with wings on. I glued the fuselage from tail to front in two sections. Tail to cockpit, where the joints end at the rear canopy and wings attached. Waited a day, finished gluing from canopy to front.  Because I was building the spit with the trop. filter, I attached the filter to the fuselage halves then attached the two fuselage halves.

I attached the upper wings to the fuselage, so that I can get a less of a joint to deal with and then attache the lower wing to the model. I don't know if the dihedral is correct.

TR5XsdF.jpg

ttSIZcR.jpg

• Like 7

• 4 weeks later...

Just a quick update...

Camo is on. Weathering is next then decals.

I'm going to be using the new Airfix Vb decals for "Buck" McNair.

The "Locally Mixed grey" looks more green in the pics. (Could be my lighting) I used Steve Budd's mixing ratio from Airfix Model World Aug. 2014

CpfaRs8.jpg

yhSd5CJ.jpg

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/08/2018 at 03:51, CanadaMoe said:

Just a quick update...

Camo is on. Weathering is next then decals.

I'm going to be using the new Airfix Vb decals for "Buck" McNair.

The "Locally Mixed grey" looks more green in the pics. (Could be my lighting) I used Steve Budd's mixing ratio from Airfix Model World Aug. 2014

Looking forward to see the decals on - will be watching out to see if the 'green' becomes more grey in the next pics. Cheers. Mike 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just checking in to see if the decals went on this Spitfire Vb, CanadaMoe. We got an extension on the GB so wondered since you had done so well so far, if this one would be able to make the Gallery? All the best, Mike.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ventora3300 said:

Just checking in to see if the decals went on this Spitfire Vb, CanadaMoe. We got an extension on the GB so wondered since you had done so well so far, if this one would be able to make the Gallery? All the best, Mike.

Ditto - would love to see this one in the gallery! 👍

• Like 1

Glad to see this Spit finished CanadaMoe as I was not quite sure that this one was going to make it - I'm so glad it did though, very well done! 

She's turned out a really nice and crisp build, good sharp photography as well. 

Cheers.. Dave