Tamiya Brummbar 1/35

Hi All,

Heres the Tamiya 1/35 Brummbar late. I've added the ATAK Zimmerit set and painted with Tamiya acrylics.

Goes together really well and with a bit of time the Zimmerit can look pretty good I think.

You can simulate battle damage easily and it takes paint well

Usual comment s & critique appreciated.

Cheers

David

IMG_7317

IMG_7311IMG_7293IMG_7306

• Like 10

Looking good, gotta love that ATAK zimmerit.  Easy to apply, looks great and saves a ton of hassle

doing it with putty and such.

Camo looks just right but not sure about that one red panel on the right side schurzen, maybe just a hint of

green and brown to break it up a bit.

Take care,

Lloyd

Hi  Thanks, the wheels are as per instructions - I think you could put 2 more rubber tyre wheels on but not the full four. I can't find a photo of one with steel wheels at each end though. The one at Saumur is all steel.

Cheers

David

16 minutes ago, BlackMax12 said:

Looking good, gotta love that ATAK zimmerit.  Easy to apply, looks great and saves a ton of hassle

doing it with putty and such.

Camo looks just right but not sure about that one red panel on the right side schurzen, maybe just a hint of

green and brown to break it up a bit.

Take care,

Lloyd

Hi Lloyd, I had the idea that it was a plate in primer taken from another gun but i take your point. Cheers David

I suppose the wheel question depends if they were used because of the additional forward weight, which perhaps seems logical.  But if they were simply "resilient" steel wheels with the internal synthetic rubber doughnut used because of the rubber shortage - as on other tank types - then I suppose they could be fitted anywhere.  One assumes that if the war had dragged on then steel wheels would have become a standard fit on PzIVs and derivatives.  There would perhaps have been more tyre wear on the first and last bogies.  But the Russians took the opposite tack, with steel-wheeled T-34s often having rubber-tyred wheels on first and last wheel stations.

On the zimmerit front, the Atak product is impressive.  But there are a couple of places on the trackguards where it still looks like stuck-on pieces and you can unfortunately see the joins.  Being a paste, there would be no edge gaps so they perhaps do need a touch of filler along their edges.  Did you sand off the treadplate pattern first?

Looking at the zimmerit-ed areas on trackguards on the Munster and Bovington StuGs, the zimmerit doesn't always come right to the edges.  The same is also true for some other panels, perhaps more noticeable with waffle pattern.  So perhaps Atak pieces might be trimmed/shaped a bit around the edges where appropriate.

Very well done.T he Brümbar is not my favorite vehicle, but as the mates say, the Zimm is very good. For some time I read, that the ATAK sets are the best, and I see that this is ...:goodjob:

Cheers David :D

5 hours ago, Das Abteilung said:

I suppose the wheel question depends if they were used because of the additional forward weight, which perhaps seems logical.  But if they were simply "resilient" steel wheels with the internal synthetic rubber doughnut used because of the rubber shortage - as on other tank types - then I suppose they could be fitted anywhere.  One assumes that if the war had dragged on then steel wheels would have become a standard fit on PzIVs and derivatives.  There would perhaps have been more tyre wear on the first and last bogies.  But the Russians took the opposite tack, with steel-wheeled T-34s often having rubber-tyred wheels on first and last wheel stations.

On the zimmerit front, the Atak product is impressive.  But there are a couple of places on the trackguards where it still looks like stuck-on pieces and you can unfortunately see the joins.  Being a paste, there would be no edge gaps so they perhaps do need a touch of filler along their edges.  Did you sand off the treadplate pattern first?

Looking at the zimmerit-ed areas on trackguards on the Munster and Bovington StuGs, the zimmerit doesn't always come right to the edges.  The same is also true for some other panels, perhaps more noticeable with waffle pattern.  So perhaps Atak pieces might be trimmed/shaped a bit around the edges where appropriate.

Hi its always the way that you see things once you've done the photos . I've stuck the zim back down now. In hindsight I wish i'd left the mudguards alone as the Zim is tricky to get to lay down and the Saumur Brummbar doesn't have it on there in any case. Thanks for the feedback - Cheers David

On 6/5/2018 at 6:37 PM, 4509davidb said:

Hi its always the way that you see things once you've done the photos . I've stuck the zim back down now. In hindsight I wish i'd left the mudguards alone as the Zim is tricky to get to lay down and the Saumur Brummbar doesn't have it on there in any case. Thanks for the feedback - Cheers David

That is one of the unwritten laws of modelling, had the same problem with the Zim on my Panther. I used No Nails on the Zim edges to blend it in.

Great looking Grizzly.

Pete