Whilst patrolling in the South China Sea the USS Lexington encounters a new Japanese terror weapon - the Kamikaze Duck!

Bath7

Bath6

Bath5

Bath4

Bath1

Bath3

Bath2

This was a fun project and made a change to my normal subjects.

Mick

• Like 13
  • Haha 23

This diorama is great!

It's given me some ideas for what to do with the Scharnhorst and the U-boat when it's released: maybe an egg-based replenishment at sea - in a bathtub. 

• Like 3

Thanks for the comments everyone.

Rod: A diorama of an egg plane giving birth would be hilarious.

VMA131Marine: That would make for a great diorama. If you were looking to do that I found a great dolls bath complete with taps and shower attachment for a reasonable price you could use. It is available in the states but would have been too expensive for me here in the UK what with the postage, customs fees and rip-off Parcel Force charge.

Mick

We need this sort of thing in modelling. This is the perfect antidote to the pre shading, FS colours, it’s over scale arguments. It’s fun.

We need more of this type of thing!

Trevor

• Like 6

I think my favorite part of this diorama ,has got to be the plane's " Dive-bombing" the duck.

I took a good look..... after I got up ( I fell down laughing )  and I must say, The carrier is quite well done

Even if it is "supposed" to be a joke, it's a good looking ship .

• Like 1

Thank originally was only going to have the ship but, as the bath came with the duck I put it in as well and had the Dauntless bombing it and Devastator torpedoing it. 

Those MENG kits are great fun. I have a Fujimu cartoon Ryoju Carrier on order, they do loads of these ships.

Mick

• Like 1

That's absolutely marvelous, it's a well known fact that the American Navy seriously underestimated the threat posed by the Kamakazi Ducks!  😃 😄 😄 😃 

• Haha 1