TU-22 Blinder Esci 1/72

Second hand kit. The tail wings scratchbuild with balsa because they had lost by first owner. Paintbrush

• Like 2

Hi Nikos,

You've done a great job on the Tu 22. It's always impressed me with it's look and the guys at NATO must have thought the same giving it a supportive name instead of the derogatory ones they sometimes used ("Barge", "Forger", "Fagot"). Pity (or good for us in the West) that it sounds like its performance didn't match its looks.

Cheers

Michael

Thanks guys. The name Blinder gave by NATO becuse it has low visibility throught the pilot cockpit. It is an impressive aircraft with many problems. F.E Pilots cannot ejected from upper side exept of one. Many engines problems was the cause for many accidents. It was a" heavy pedals" aircraft, 

Wow!  Awesome looking plane and built/finished extraordinarily well!

Looks like something Captain Scarlett (of Mysterons fame) could have flown.😎

:goodjob:

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Nikos,

Sorry to post so long after your original posting, but could you tell me what the light couloir is, apart from the ‘silver’.

Great Photos, and I’m **very** impressed by your scratch built tailplanes

Jonny

Thank you Marc and Jonny. The colours are Silver Humbrol enamel and an old dark silver of Revell (abandoned in my colour stock) for the flaps. I putted 2-3 drops black to be darkness  The white is Lifecolour. The white takes me 10 hands for good reason. The model is paintbrushed