Tamiya Porsche 911 GT2

The kit is a road going version which I've modified to a race car. I've added decals from my spares box, added alloy exhaust tips, cut down Nascar window net, and front and rear towing eyes.

The main sponsor is Apple Petronas Lubricants/Fields, with minor sponsors decals on the doors and body including various model kit manufacturers.

photo-th.jpg

photo1-th.jpg

photo2-th.jpg

photo3-th.jpg

photo2-th.jpg

The kit has a basic top engine moulding........

photo4-th.jpg

• Like 5

That's a nice model, but really bright! I bet you don't lose sight of that one amongst the others on the shelf in a hurry. Looks like it converts from a road to a race car very well.

Thanks Spiny, I love bright colours, nothing dull for me, although I'm looking at converting a Revell Audi R8 V10 road car to racer in matt black with Monster Energy decals and big rear wing! OR just as a road car, who knows until you open the box and have a good look!

Yes, it does convert easily to a race car, as it has a spare sprue with race seat, two different rear wing plates, two extinguishers and a complete roll cage which I build on a small flat wood base first before putting in the car.

But I have boxes full of spares and I print my own decals  if I have to! 

Edited by PatW