1 72 scale Dora dio

Hi guys had such a good reaction to my Dora model in my photo test shot thought you may like to see couple more pics of it .

This was my first military build and I have now built eleven other railguns , will be posting these eventually. Did some weathering and shading but not shown on photos.

hope you like. 

dora dio (12)dora dio (13)dora dio (14)dora dio (16)dora dio (18)

• Like 24
  • Thanks 2

What's not to like?  Very very impressive and very very BIG, even in 1/72 scale. The diorama really brings

it to life, lots of action, like that a lot.

Looking forward to seeing more of your eleven other rail guns.  Please, please!!

Take care,

Lloyd

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bazer said:

Thanks for comments Lloyd will post the others soon but dont want to hog the foum.

Bazer

With quality like this - HOG AWAY - it's really good stuff. :goodjob:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

It's a big forum, post away.....Can't wait to see 'em if they're anything like this one!  :coolio:

Nice to see more Woosterfari on BM, I'm in Claines, whereabouts are you based?  :welcome:

Thanks ,I am in the warndon area. didnt think there was any modelers in worcester!.

Amazing scene!!!, At first I thought it was a job at 1/35 (there are lucky people who are capable of doing a Dora on that scale, and they also have room to put it ...). Very well done in all aspects, :goodjob:

Cheers mate :D

• Like 1

I've seen the 1/35 kit at a show last year and that was huge, but still, in 1/72 scale the beast looks massive. If I had somewhere to store the beast I would love to tackle it.

Yours looks fantastic

• Like 1

Three words: Awesome, awesome, awesome!!!! Just fantastic! Your Paris gun is great, too. :wow:Color me "green" with envy. Now, what FS, RAL, BSC, etc. number and chip is that? With work of this quality, no one will(well, they should not) complain of you hogging the forum. Again, just fantastic!

Joe

• Like 1

On 6/21/2018 at 8:57 PM, JPuente54 said:

Three words: Awesome, awesome, awesome!!!! Just fantastic! Your Paris gun is great, too. :wow:Color me "green" with envy. Now, what FS, RAL, BSC, etc. number and chip is that? With work of this quality, no one will(well, they should not) complain of you hogging the forum. Again, just fantastic!

Joe

Thanks Joe but being New to this forum what's  FS,RAL,BSC, MEAN?.

Bazer

These are the standards used by the USA, Germany, and the UK for the paints used by the government for everything from traffic signs to ships, AFVs, and aircraft. The USA uses the Federal Standard 595(a, b, and c is the latest version of which I am aware.), or FS. Germany uses the RAL(in English, the German Institute for Quality Assurance and Labeling) for its colors(this has been in existence since the early 20th Century). And, the UK uses the British Standard BS 381C. There are some differences between the MAP colours for 1939-1945 and the present day BS 381C. That a different discussion for a different day and thread(and forum!). There are many members here who are for more knowledgeable about these standards than I. The FS and BSC were established after WW2; the standards of pre-war and during the war are subjects of much lively debate(to put it mildly)!

HTH

Joe

• Like 1

19 hours ago, JPuente54 said:

These are the standards used by the USA, Germany, and the UK for the paints used by the government for everything from traffic signs to ships, AFVs, and aircraft. The USA uses the Federal Standard 595(a, b, and c is the latest version of which I am aware.), or FS. Germany uses the RAL(in English, the German Institute for Quality Assurance and Labeling) for its colors(this has been in existence since the early 20th Century). And, the UK uses the British Standard BS 381C. There are some differences between the MAP colours for 1939-1945 and the present day BS 381C. That a different discussion for a different day and thread(and forum!). There are many members here who are for more knowledgeable about these standards than I. The FS and BSC were established after WW2; the standards of pre-war and during the war are subjects of much lively debate(to put it mildly)!

HTH

Joe

Got what you mean Joe

Bazer

• 2 weeks later...

Superb Dora and accompanying vehicles and figures, but obviously the Dora is the star of the show.

If I may just say that the soil, vegetation and ballast are a bit too bright and uniform in their colours and to me contrast too brightly with the Dora and the vehicles.  Various darkish washes on all three would really help improve the look of the overall scene, I think. It would be straight forward to do and certainly wouldn't do any harm. Seriously, give it a go. I'd advise using watered-down acrylics, or acrylic inks, or even watercolours (especially in the case of the vegetation) rather than thinned enamels.

Rearguards,

Badder

Edited by Badder

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎6‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 7:22 PM, bazer said:

Thanks for comments Lloyd will post the others soon but dont want to hog the foum.

Bazer

Don't worry about hogging the forum. We're not complaining......

You obviously have an interest in rail guns. Can you recommend an inexpensive informative book on the subject. One with plenty of photographs?

Regards

MM

21 hours ago, missile-monkey said:

Don't worry about hogging the forum. We're not complaining......

You obviously have an interest in rail guns. Can you recommend an inexpensive informative book on the subject. One with plenty of photographs?

Regards

MM

Hi MM  , there is not much about in English publications ,I have three German books where the photos are good but are about 40 to 50 pounds each and text is all in German ( I can't read it but I have a tablet that can).

The English books are osprey  railway guns of w w 1 and railway guns of w w 2, photos are o k ,the other is

Rail gun by  John batchelor/ Ian Hogg ,not that many photos but lots of scale drawings.

Don't know of any others if I find any will let you know.

Bazer

1 hour ago, bazer said:

Hi MM  , there is not much about in English publications ,I have three German books where the photos are good but are about 40 to 50 pounds each and text is all in German ( I can't read it but I have a tablet that can).

The English books are osprey  railway guns of w w 1 and railway guns of w w 2, photos are o k ,the other is

Rail gun by  John batchelor/ Ian Hogg ,not that many photos but lots of scale drawings.

Don't know of any others if I find any will let you know.

Bazer

Thank you Bazer.  I have had a mild passing interest in rail guns for some time. I can't get over how big they were or how big a shell they fired. Setting them up must have taken an age. 

I'm almost finished renovating out cottage and when that's done I have a few aircraft kits to complete but for a change I might consider an attempt at one. I've never modelled vehicles or ground equipment before so I'm kinda looking forward to the challenge, if  a little nervous.

Thanks for the info and the photos.

Regards

MM

1 hour ago, missile-monkey said:

Thank you Bazer.  I have had a mild passing interest in rail guns for some time. I can't get over how big they were or how big a shell they fired. Setting them up must have taken an age. 

I'm almost finished renovating out cottage and when that's done I have a few aircraft kits to complete but for a change I might consider an attempt at one. I've never modelled vehicles or ground equipment before so I'm kinda looking forward to the challenge, if  a little nervous.

Regards

MM

1 hour ago, missile-monkey said:

Regards

MM

Glad to help , when adding the books back in the  bookcase spotted two I missed ,first is German railroad guns in action a squadron signal publication, the second is a Japanese book  ,German railway guns and armoured trains of world war 11.full of photos but in Japanese.

Hope these help.

Regards Bazer