Another Short's Stirling.

Hi folk's,as explained in chat the 1/48 kit's I had decided on were not available at the show  but  Kit's for  Cash  did take at least one Stirling which I

got still sealed fo £16,Greg's building one and I would have liked to do the Halifax but again none were to be found,this has the tractor and trolley's

included also so I'll build them as well.the kit's in good overall condition despite it's age at the time this re-issue came out so let's see what can be done

OOB,

41819044904_9cc2ba6c85_b.jpg

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 10

Hi Steve,

Good to see another Stirling in the GB. We can swap notes along the way if there's any build problems. I was pleased to see the riveting is quite restrained on my copy.

Enjoy your build.

Cheers Greg 😉

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GREG DESTEC said:

Hi Steve,

Good to see another Stirling in the GB. We can swap notes along the way if there's any build problems. I was pleased to see the riveting is quite restrained on my copy.

Enjoy your build.

Cheers Greg 😉

2 hours ago, stevehnz said:

You've got my attention Steve. One in stock & a long time favourite after a build in my teens. :)

steve.

Cheer's Greg,I perused the plastic last night and apart from the sink mark's you pointed out in your thread it look's pretty good and at least

it's not black,the only thing i'll change is the mounting for the turret gun's as I don't like those figure's.

Steve thank's it was a Christmas present from my folk's way back in the mid seventies in it's original black plastic can't remember if I finished it

so be nice to have a go now.

• Like 3

I would "like" this but I've hit the like limiter....😁

I'm glad you were able to pick something up at the weekend though!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lawzer said:

I would "like" this but I've hit the like limiter....😁

I'm glad you were able to pick something up at the weekend though!

Thank's Lawzer apart from the 727 and this one for the GB I got my first ever Hasegawa Hurricane's Mk1 and 2c for half their normal price

and topped off with an Airfix P40 1/48 for £12 for the latest boxing.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, stevej60 said:

Thank's Lawzer apart from the 727 and this one for the GB I got my first ever Hasegawa Hurricane's Mk1 and 2c for half their normal price

and topped off with an Airfix P40 1/48 for £12 for the latest boxing.

The P-40 is a fantastic kit Steve!

I'm on the final stages on mine and it builds just as good as any Tamiya kit. A bargain at twelve quid.

Cheers Greg 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, GREG DESTEC said:

The P-40 is a fantastic kit Steve!

I'm on the final stages on mine and it builds just as good as any Tamiya kit. A bargain at twelve quid.

Cheers Greg 

Look forward to seeing it Greg,I did the Pearl harbour version when it was first released,I've had to cancel the 727 it's not eligable so look's

like I'll be starting the Stirling sooner than I thought still want to get the Spitfire and Heinkel done first in the MTO GB.

• Like 3

Morning folk's made a start on this project over the last day or so first job was cutting the main part's off the sprue and cleaning up,first job

was to add the floor and bulkhead.

42615338791_3d56f77c10_b.jpg

Once dry started the painting but got all the wings,rudder flap's etc glued and sanded,there are four distinct sink mark's on the upper wing's

which I filled with my favourite flexi filler which is ideal for these older rivet covered kit;s as nosanding required.

42615347371_e9bdccd62d_b.jpg

Port fuselage I put scrap plastic that will sit above the Navigator's table and some spare decal's to busy up the cockpit.

42615351311_6854ea4921_b.jpg

Two more sink mark's to be dealt with right in the centre of the seat's,I lost the navigator's table so had to compromise and scratch build a seat

as the original is molded onto the figure.

40807855490_d3cd1d5ab1_b.jpg

41897541844_64f9f647ed_b.jpg

There is a circular tank in photo's I've  seen so added one under the  far seat,that's it so far!

• Like 13

Well done getting underway Steve,

Nice  work in  the pit. I'm still finishing off my Tomahawk, but hope to be on to my Stirling come the weekend.

All the best Greg😎

Edited by GREG DESTEC
  • Like 2

Nice start Steve, I think the tractor was my favourite bit of the kit. Driving it up to the aircraft and loading the bombs, looking forward to seeing her come together.

• Like 3

Morning Folk's been pottering on and of with this one for the last couple of session's,painted the engines and dry brushed what little detail

there is on them the prop's were a challege to remove safely from the sprue as they are connected at each tip,one had so much flash it 

wouldn't look out of place on a Hercules!

28795766338_1688de8e56_b.jpg

All the wing's tail,flap's etc are built and now sanded and cleaned up so next job will be to fit the window's and button up the fuselage.

She's a big old bird!

28795759278_3e966575d9_b.jpg

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 11

you certainly don't hang about!!!!  😁  Coming on nicely!

LOVE that shape......I may even be tempted to get one of these in the future.....

• Like 2

Another prolific and desirable effort from one of BM's premier GB modellers. Loving the look of this kit Steve. I've still got one from twenty years ago still at the stage that you've just achieved in a matter of days. I still remember the look that my (at that stage) new wife gave me when I spent many long hours removing all the kits raised rivets. Funny how she still gives me that same look but has now aquired a rather distasteful shake of the head as wel!! 

Oh well, at least I'm not hearing "Do you think you're ever going to finish that one?", which I can thankfully credit to starting these great GB's and giving one a deadline to 'hopefully' meet. 

Cheers.. Dave. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Nice one Steve, it still builds up into an impressive and large model, I have never built one and............oh no! I can feel a trip to Ebay coming on

• Like 2

Thank's Lawzer and Dave,I've been pondering how to do the window's,the last thing I want is to maskol them and they then pop out when removing it

so I'm going to spray the fuselage sides black and mask over with tape after adding the windows.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MarkSH said:

Nice one Steve, it still builds up into an impressive and large model, I have never built one and............oh no! I can feel a trip to Ebay coming on

Cheer's Mark,and Kits for Cash have a shed load in stock for fifteen quid too!

• Like 2