Berlin Brigade Chieftain Mk.10

This is the Takom 1/35 Chieftain Mk.10 in Berlin Brigade colours. It was my recent entry in the Britmodeller 10th Anniversary GB.

The kit was a dream to build, Takom have done amazingly with this one. My only slight complaint was their colour callout for the Berlin Brigade is wrong so be wary and use reference material if you plan in doing this one. 

Anyway, on with the photos! Feel free to comment or question and thanks for looking.

resized_4e8fac80-85d5-4f61-99c4-c31af092

resized_2b3be8ac-29cb-467c-aac2-c191a928

resized_7fc6960a-eef1-4d10-9abb-0742c1b7

resized_bb156a9f-ed33-4a56-9f6a-a67aa2ab

resized_3defaf5e-b475-40ae-ace8-d026d4ca

resized_32b95431-8d43-4f84-b19e-bc5bcc40

resized_181cae58-b952-4598-ade8-67527587

• Like 34

I love this- I think the chieftain was an awsome tank of its era (complete with its faults!)  you've done an excellent portrail of it DAG- I love the camo and the well defined rubber blocks on the tracks- very good work 😀👍🏽👍🏽👏🏽

• Like 1

Very nice indeed! If only Takom had done their homework and added the Berlin Brigade insignia in the decals.

Give us a heads up on the colours please as I am doing my 432 in the scheme.

Edited by ivan-o
  • Like 1

Thank you for the kind comments! Here's the link to the build thread Incase anyone missed it.

On 6/3/2018 at 8:19 PM, Dads203 said:

Very nice work on a less than simple scheme fella , well done  ( just needs a figure to give it some scale ) 

Cheers Dan! Figures are a Bridge Too Far for me unfortunately. Maybe one day I'll get around to learning how to actually paint them.

14 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

Lovely job on the Chieftain. What paints did you us for the cammo?

John.

4 hours ago, ivan-o said:

Very nice indeed! If only Takom had done their homework and added the Berlin Brigade insignia in the decals.

Give us a heads up on the colours please as I am doing my 432 in the scheme.

I used Stynylrez primers for the grey and white. That kept it simple and it goes down very nicely. The brown was a 50/50 mix of Tamiya paints, XF-52 & XF-68. 

I agree on the Berlin Brigade insignia, I'll let them off though seeing as the rest of the kit is so nice. They did get the correct VRNs  though so it's seems they did make a bit of an attempt at some research. The 432 is on my build list, I'm not sure if I'll do it in this scheme though or standard black and green.

3 hours ago, 4509davidb said:

great job - someone told me these were always kept spotless in Berlin so well done to avoid the weathering temptation!

Thanks! I added a bit of weathering to hopefully scale. As you say though these were kept in good order so I'm hoping it's just the right amount!

• Like 1

Superb build and paint work,built the same tank some time back,it is a great kit as you say,I had a little trouble with the masking,it makes an interesting read how they came up with it,I found it on line.Cheers.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/5/2018 at 4:46 PM, VMA131Marine said:

How are the Mig colours in the British Berlin set? I bought this to do my Chieftain, when I get around to it:

https://www.migjimenez.com/en/acrylic-colors/558-british-berlin-camouflage-colors-1988-1991.html

british-berlin-camouflage-colors-1988-19

I never used the Mig colours but they look as if they would be a good match. 

On 6/5/2018 at 4:46 PM, VMA131Marine said:

How are the Mig colours in the British Berlin set? I bought this to do my Chieftain, when I get around to it:

https://www.migjimenez.com/en/acrylic-colors/558-british-berlin-camouflage-colors-1988-1991.html

british-berlin-camouflage-colors-1988-19

I am using this set at the moment for my 432 and they are indeed a good match.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, ivan-o said:

I am using this set at the moment for my 432 and they are indeed a good match.

Are you doing a WiP? I'd be interested to see how you tackle the 432, it's on my build list.

22 hours ago, DAG058 said:

Are you doing a WiP? I'd be interested to see how you tackle the 432, it's on my build list.

I’m not but if you want some good tips Dads203 is doing a super detail build!

• Like 1