Another from North Carolina

JimF

Hi all. I'm not new, per se, I jumped on about 2 1/2 years ago, to find info regarding UK WWII armor. Forgot, at the time, to do a intro, so better late than never, I guess :)

I've been interested in the military of the UK since I was very young. I think it was the Howard Pyle painting of Redcoats  assaulting Bunker Hill (I lived nearby), still in ranks despite all the fallen comrades. Yes, I know now it's completely wrong, but was strong stuff for me. I've even re-enacted the 'bad guys' as a Highlander, back in the 80's.

Armor was my prime interest for years, then I got away from Military, and into railway modelling. Of course, it was UK railways. I'm also stuck in the past, my military interest never went passed 1945, and my railway interest was mainly pre-grouping (1923).

Now, I've found a new interest in UK aircraft, WWII primarily, with a bit of WWI. Looking forward to learning new things.

Thanks.

Jim F

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello and :welcome:, Jim to Britmodeller, it's a great place to be. Don't worry, there is no penalty for your infraction. Quite a few, to include myself, are guilty of it. Post comments, questions, etc., and, all is forgotten. I spent almost 4 years in North Carolina at Ft. Bragg with the 82nd ABN Div.. My name is Joe, live in the SE corner of Wisconsin. My interests are 1/72nd scale aircraft, any era. I look for to your builds, comments, and questions.

Joe

Thanks for the welcome, folks. Bit delayed with that, hope to have a lot more free time very soon.

One note, in my intro, I put it backward. WWI aircraft is primary, WWII secondary. Just ordered my 1st 1/32 kit, though I find I'm still thinking I'll go more towards 1/48. That's the scale I liked best, with armour modelling.

Jim F