Prototype

Hi all having a bit of a pic hosting problem but the kit I will be building is the P1127. Kit number 00033 series 00 it is 1/72 and devoid of any detail besides for the mountain sized rivet "detail" that I will be removing.

There is an issue with the canopy not being the right shape and also being a bit wide for the air frame found in the box, I hope to have a working vac former by the end of the week as my old one went AWOL.The wheels found on the wingtips is also too short and will need to be addressed. A seat will be scratch built along with the rest of the "office".The wheel wells might also be treated and for paint I am contemplating trying something new but time will tell.

For now I am contemplating building S/No 836 and seem to have lost the decals that if memory serves was seriously yellowed and I am very sure would have disintegrated in any way so out comes the creative masking or maybe print my own again time will tell.Will try posting pics as soon as possible. 

Regards. 

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

Hi there,

if everything was honky dory with your kit, then you'd know you are not building an Airfix classic!

Maybe one day there will be a GB for Hasegawa kits no older than 2010....

Cheers

JR

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hi again to one and all had some time for tinkering today and this is what I could get done

The flying surfaces is on,Kit does noy come with inflated intakes so I will be adding these.Looking rough for now but I will try my best to do a good approximation.

IMG_20180604_145646.jpg

Kit seat was used a base for building a more detailed approximation(I hope)

IMG_20180604_093710.jpg

IMG_20180604_114358.jpg

IMG_20180604_131442.jpg

My skills with a camera is at the best equivalent to that of a 4 year old I sincerely appoligise.

Thanks for looking.

Regards.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Hi all.

So this is the part where the build is busy slowing down to a grind.I have been a bit careless and the result is that I have a pronounced step on the top half of the wings joining to the fuselage also one at the bottom same joint.MMMMM maybe the wings is a bit thick?

Well I ended up filling and blending as best I can with automotive body filler and am now waiting for the filler to dry.The intakes has also been given some body and I will try to finish the two ventral strakes tomorrow somewhere as depicted in some of my reference pics.I am really getting the idea that this will become a different machine than depicted on the box.

IMG_20180606_123707.jpg

IMG_20180606_123723.jpg

Being the rather impatient type I am on my way to storm the shelve of doom and maybe fish out a 48th emil and failing that at least I have these to keep myself busy with........

IMG_20180606_123935.jpg

Thank you for looking and smash on.

Regards:

Shaun

• Like 7

Looks like you’ve got your hands full with this one Shaun, however it will be all the more rewarding when you reach the finish line. That Auto filler looks a little ghastly so let’s hope you panel bash this one into shape quick smart. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 2

Hi all this one is indeed battling me from start to finish the auto filler worked very well and you can now barely see it(will post pics a bit later) I have done the skeleton to the ventral strakes and should be able to start banging the model into shape a bit later on this afternoon after doing waterchanges on my 6 aquariums.

A worrysome aspect to this kit that is only now becomming apparent however is the fact that the front wheel well will not be able to be detailed as it is very shallow and cannot be cut out as then there will be no space for the bang seat.Also the office is very small and will not allow for extensive detail to be added.  

Will post pics as soon as I have some time in the afternoon.

Regards:

Shaun

• Like 3

IMG_20180614_181204.jpg

sorry for the iffy posts guys my ISP is on the fritz again.

Well fuselage buttoned up as you can see parabrake housing thingy drilled out,whit primer to show up bits that was not properly sanded(the old eyes do not want to co operate)Scribing started,the plates that goes behind the "hot nozzles" cut and thinned as per ref pics.The front shoulders on the nozzle housings opened up, wing roots filled the very small dog-teeth done(as per reference pics).The intakes has been fattened up and also smoothed out on the inside.I have also started to do the nose as on my reference pics.

Unfortunately I have come to the realisation that the wells will have to be left as is due to having the situation where I will be mucking about with the end result.

The next step will be to do the pit to go with the bang seat.

Thanks for looking.

Regards:

Shaun

• Like 7

Hi Shaun,

I agree with you that to try and deepen the front wheel well at this stage may be counter-productive.

But you must have been busy, as it now looks the part!

Well done!

JR

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...