H builds the Vertol 107-11. FINISHED

I wasn’t on the list, but am sticking my foot through the door with this beauty from 1975, only 1 year older than yours truly 

resized_13ba7751-7858-4461-8c0a-46aaf92b

resized_f809ec27-5110-4379-830f-d7191755

The previous owner has glued in the windows, but that’s as far as they got. The front glazing is cracked and I have emailed Airfix about a possible replacement, decals have yellowed and are in the sun as we speak, hopefully this will save them as aftermarket ones are silly money. 

Hope to crack on with this whily bird giggery pokery soon. 

Edited by Hockeyboy76
  • Like 19

Sounds like a challenging renovation of what I remember to be quite a nice kit. Another box art seller....to me at least.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 6/3/2018 at 1:57 PM, Hockeyboy76 said:

The front glazing is cracked and I have emailed Airfix about a possible replacement

Is this what you need?  I think it's from that kit, but if so I can't understand why it's in my spares box (as I've never owned an Airfix Vertol)!

P1100351.jpg

Happy to send it to you if it's the right bit.

Cliff

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CliffB said:

Is this what you need?  I think it's from that kit, but if so I can't understand why it's in my spares box (as I've never owned an Airfix Vertol)!

P1100351.jpg

Happy to send it to you if it's the right bit.

Cliff

Hi Cliff,

Thats the right bit. I will PM you my address. 

This is one reason why Britmodeller is so good. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, theplasticsurgeon said:

An excellent choice, here's mine, from 2008ish.Airfix_Vertol.jpg

For this bizarre diorama.

Liking that a lot!

Nice to see this Helo being built here. I've never seen the kit's sprues and cannot ever remember wanting to build one.

Hopefully I won't get too carried away and want one after your build - I've already hit the 'Buy it Now' button on a Sopwith Pup and other recent GB's have seen me add way too much more.

I'll follow this one cause it's all new to me - strange thing to say for a 1965 moulded kit!

Cheers.. Dave

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Managed to get a little time in on this. Found some spare cockpit decals, got them on, then found a copy of the cockpit ones that you cut out on the instructions. Never mind. Fuse is joined and glue drying. Pics to follow. 

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

Any progress pics available for the Vertol 107? I had a quick look at the Jet Provost over on the RAF Centenary GB and I guess you will be pushing that over the finishing line first. Just hope this GB can bags you next!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/24/2018 at 10:49 AM, Ventora3300 said:

Any progress pics available for the Vertol 107? I had a quick look at the Jet Provost over on the RAF Centenary GB and I guess you will be pushing that over the finishing line first. Just hope this GB can bags you next!

Thanks dude. The JP didn’t make the finishing line, but not much left to do. Hope to get some pics of this up soon.  It’s definitely a product of its time. 

1 hour ago, nimrod54 said:

That's something different buddy, I forward to seeing how it goes. Good luck with your build

Hope to make something decent from it, even as one side of the fuse is bigger than the other. 

• Like 2

Nice choice. Bit different from the later CH-46 SeaKnight version that I built. Interesting looking at the sprue shots, as it looks like the different rear sponsons fit over the CH-46 style. I wondered how they did that.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 28/07/2018 at 21:43, Hockeyboy76 said:

Hope to make something decent from it, even as one side of the fuse is bigger than the other. 

Hi 'H', just wondered if the replacement glazing arrived and this Vertol 107 was going to take off again and grace the Gallery for this GB? Cheers. Mike

2 hours ago, Ventora3300 said:

Hi 'H', just wondered if the replacement glazing arrived and this Vertol 107 was going to take off again and grace the Gallery for this GB? Cheers. Mike

The glazing arrived, although this project has taken a slight back seat to others at the moment. I do hope to crack on soon. Needed a mojo refill. 

resized_fabe3731-658b-4885-a832-39b6c36c

The gaps are killing me. 

resized_8dd89e07-7ac3-4837-a73d-8943face

Looks better this way up. 

Edited by Hockeyboy76
  • Like 5
  • Sad 2

On 9/4/2018 at 6:24 PM, Hockeyboy76 said:

The glazing arrived, although this project has taken a slight back seat to others at the moment. I do hope to crack on soon. Needed a mojo refill. 

resized_fabe3731-658b-4885-a832-39b6c36c

The gaps are killing me. 

resized_8dd89e07-7ac3-4837-a73d-8943face

IMG_4046

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

On ‎6‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 1:57 PM, Hockeyboy76 said:

this beauty from 1975

Good luck... Go down stores and tell the grippers you want filler , gangs of it, Section 33 .Do a collect, they hate it  and remember they are support and there for you and not the other way 'round .

Shame about the box art being torn... You'd think, I really thought they would give us a SAAB Lansen at the time to go with it. Before the internet we were in the dark and did more guessing that a modelling forum on Acid....  but they hadn't been invented yet. Guessing got even bigger . No Lansen yet though . Oh dear ,someone is going to say Kitisikowskysen release one last week

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 04/09/2018 at 18:24, Hockeyboy76 said:

The gaps are killing me. 

Just been over having a look at your Mustang in the P-51 STGB - excellent work there - you must now be in fine fettle for a bit of work on this beauty? it would be great to see it finished in all its double rotor glory. Best of luck. Mike.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Hockeyboy76 said:

I’m running out of plastic putty and plasticard. Will keep plodding on but feel very :angry: with it, and would rather :pilot:

Stick with it mate! The hard work is behind you!

(when i said about the gap i meant about the kit, not about you!)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ah, yes. I remember the 'fit' of those rear doors. Quite disappointing for a lateish Airfix kit.

Don't forget to sign up for the Vertol 107/C-46 Group Build (I'm doing a Fujimi one ;))

Nice work so far.

• Like 3