Pardubice Aviation Fair 2018 - Part 2 (flying)

upnorth

8 hours ago, Red Dot said:

Looks like an interesting event. Did you go just for this or happen to be in the area?

andy

I went specifically for the event. Pardubice is about an hour and a half train ride from where I live, so a day trip there is no great hardship.

The Pardubice show has been going on for almost 30 years and is one of the larger and better advertised airshows in the country. There's a number of smaller fly-in type vintage airshows at other places around the Czech Republic, but they aren't as easy to get to by train from where I live.

As Czech airshows go, I'd say that between Pardubice (usually in late May or early June) and the NATO Day show at Ostrava (usually mid or late September) you'll get a good dose of both vintage and modern.

My hometown, Brno, used to host the annual Czech International Air Festival (CIAF) and it was good while it was here. However, it was forced to move and is now a shadow of its former self.

On the bright side, the local gliding club usually hosts and annual vintage sailplane weekend. I attended it for the first time last year and it's safe to say I'll be going back.