Pardubice Aviation Fair 2018 - Part 1 (statics)

upnorth

Hello all,

Yesterday, I went to the annual airshow at Pardubice, Czech Republic.

As usual, this show has the focus on civlian and vintage aircraft with modern military aircraft taking a smaller role.

The weather was great and the show enjoyable as always.

Here's some of what was in the static park, much of it also participated in the flying:

xmD7pvu.jpg

0Jb0NAV.jpg

yzTPT4b.jpg

isrRU8m.jpg

TqukQMF.jpg

HmmK7lh.jpg

caAvlAR.jpg

I2si4co.jpg

Wml5fTc.jpg

llRyZro.jpg

DZ4OLYC.jpg

0v9T4lj.jpg

zEKEyuN.jpg

RCyxUX0.jpg

4o1f38O.jpg

62m6TCm.jpg

Edited by upnorth
  • Like 6

You got to admit... the EU shows always seem to attrarct an eclectic and very interesting mix of superb vintage types. I wish these would come to U K shows such as the Boomerang and those Stearmans...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Paul J said:

You got to admit... the EU shows always seem to attrarct an eclectic and very interesting mix of superb vintage types. I wish these would come to U K shows such as the Boomerang and those Stearmans...

I have to admit, we are pretty spoiled at shows here on the continent.

However, I wish we would see more of some of the vintage stuff on the UK show circuit make it's way over here more often.

A few years ago at pardubice, we had a Buchon, Hurricane and Catalina in from the UK. A few years before that, a B-17 and P-47 were scheduled for the show but had to cancel due to poor weather between Germany and the Czech Republic.

I was quite saddened when G-CVIX had her gear up landing incident. I was hoping the Pardubice show organisers might find their way to inviting her and crew one year. I think she'd have fit right in and the show could use a touch more on the vintage jet end of things.