1/32 revelle Me 109 G10

Hi All, just finished the Revelle 1/32 scale ME 109 G10. I did this one OOB, and tried out the German Mottling Camouflage. this is a trial run for my Hasegawa Fw 190D with all the aftermarket goodies. i posted these images on my facebook ac, and the main comment was about the splaying of the landing gears, unfortunately it cant be splayed out in the revelle kit, my left landing strut snapped. so its best to cut a wedge and insert a piece of plastic as the neck of the gear strut before gluing it into the slot at the wheel wells. The Revelle build guide was also a bit confusing, the paint guide does not match up with the description and some parts are numbered wrongly.

other than that, it was pretty easy and no real big issues.

hope you enjoy these pics

9_zpsrv5yuxra.jpg

11_zpsyrduimep.jpg

12_zpsqny1hty1.jpg

1%20copy_zpsltmikq5w.jpg

2_zpsoeeogdoz.jpg

4_zpsw3d0r0bq.jpg

5_zps10nxtxuk.jpg

6_zpsg3w21c9l.jpg

7_zpsqngqe9xq.jpg

8_zpsmvmpnmwj.jpg

• Like 14

Good looking finish and detailing!

The overall impression is a bit compromised by the landing gear, however, which looks all wrong (photo #5 from top) – more like a Spitfire gear! The Bf 109 had a distinctly splayed main landing gear and it should look like the one on this G-10:

messerschmitt-bf-109-g-10-as-taxiing-nor

Methinks you may have mixed up the gear legs in order to get that strange configuration. 😉

Kind regards,

Joachim

thanks guys for your comments, will have a go at it this weekend,  think i will cut off the struts and reattach with a metal rod and bend it to splay out.