Various Jeeps of the 11th Armoured Division

Evening All,

May I present a quick RFI of the 1/72 Jeeps I have been playing with for the last few week.  The idea was to do a comparison between the complex Airfix kit and the VERY SIMPLE Italeri kit.

The first Jeep is a Military Police unit...

jeep203.jpg

jeep204.jpg

The second is a HQ 29th Armoured Brigade 'run-around'...

jeep205.jpg

jeep206.jpg 

jeep207.jpg

The last one - which is the Airfix one has been converted into a unit from the 18th Light Field Ambulance...

jeep208.jpg

jeep209.jpg

jeep210.jpg

...and here they are all together...

jeep211.jpg

There is a WIP here - with all the possible details you could be looking for - but if you have any questions please feel free to ask...

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235037473-airfix-vs-italeri-jeeps-completed/

As always any constructive criticism is most welcomed and if you like them - you can 'like' them over there >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 

Thanks for taking a look - Steve 

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, badger said:

Stellar job!! Full of character - really like the MP one myself.

All the best

Ben

It's my favourite too - but that MP decal under the screen cost me 8 quid in reality and it was a swine to size / print / varnish / position - nightmare.  I think it's the figures that make it work - I'm really pleased with them - as they are both composites of other bodies and head.

My favourite single thing of the whole project is actually the masking tape Red Cross flag - the way you can squish it - so it looks like it is really waving in the wind.

Thanks for your support as usual too - I'll be needing your help when I get onto the K2Y's in the Group Build - but that is a couple of months off yet.

Ouch - a tad expensive, but does finish the jeep off nicely.

The figures really work and add a lot to the model.

I'll have to remember the masking tape tip as I have a few flags to make for some desert tanks.

Glad I could help - reference library is awaiting the K2 build. Fairly sure I have  walkround of a restored one I took a couple of years ago so will have a look through my photos for you. Definitely recommend the wee friends wheels as I have a set for mine.

All the best

Ben

• Thanks 1

It would be a full-time job keeping up with everything on Britmodeller, so I missed your build of these little cuties.

Excellent result on all of them – but I think my favourite is the ambulance.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, glatisant said:

They are absolutely tremendous. Superb builds. Going to buy a shed load of Jeeps now !!!!

If you can get the cheap Italeri ones they scrub up OK

• Like 1