1/32 Revell Arado 196-A

This was the Revell Arado 196 B kit, but I wanted it to be as was on the Bismark, so I converted it using HPH floats.  The crosses and registration number are painted rather than decals

42459641242_e9d56e7925_z_d.jpg 40703256030_1c320ca48f_z_d.jpg 

42459643972_1e79622b12_z_d.jpg 40703259010_54e1fdeb32_z_d.jpg

42459646012_bf49d77066_z_d.jpg 28638326828_14049f5e02_z_d.jpg

Edited by Graham D
  • Like 29
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, JohnT said:

Superb. 

Been surprised at the lack of alternative aftermarket decals but you nailed that.  Any issues with the build you can pass on?

For the markings, I used some pre-cut aftermarket masks.  I cannot remember which make I used.   The kiit goes together very well without any problems, except the cockpit canopy;  It is a pain to put together. I used PVA (R/C Modellers Craft Glue) to stick the canopy together.  A the glue dries clear and glue on the clear plastic does not show up and the angle of the canopy sides remains flexible, so that they can be altered to fit the cockpit opening even after the glue has dried.  

Edited by Graham D
  • Like 1

Graham

How do the floats compare with the kit ones?  I have one in the stash and looking quickly at the kit reviews no one really mentions them.  I am guessing they are much less detailed.  Do the kit ones have accuracy issues?

9 hours ago, JohnT said:

Graham

How do the floats compare with the kit ones?  I have one in the stash and looking quickly at the kit reviews no one really mentions them.  I am guessing they are much less detailed.  Do the kit ones have accuracy issues?

As the kit is the B variant it only had one float.  If I wasn't doing the conversion I would have used the kit float.  The float is quite detailed, not quite as detailed as the aftermarket ones. The rudder detail is a bit lacking, but you can get after market ones.

• Like 1