***Finished*** Airfix typhoon thread save

Still a few days before I can start anything new and with a queue of 4 ready to start as well. Built this one before very early in my career, bout time I do it again, see if I can actually do the spinners this time on the mkxviii 

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...
18 hours ago, PhantomBigStu said:

should be unlike the b26 a really simple build without eons of sanding 

I hope you are not tempting fate  :(

Good luck with this build, love the Mossie, except the biting ones up here !

cheers Pat

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not going to like this but having had major problems with the leading edge of one wing, and generally not feeling like I can be bothered to see this through, theres much more I rather give my time to now so Ive decided to abandon it. Though maybe if people want to I’ll move this the WIP section with what I have in mind 

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Sad 4

Is it beyond recoverable Stu?? We all go through bad patches but seems like you may have lost your mojo on this one as well? There’s still time to go so perhaps sleep on it (after a few beers perhaps) and it just might look different in the morning? 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Is it beyond recoverable Stu?? We all go through bad patches but seems like you may have lost your mojo on this one as well? There’s still time to go so perhaps sleep on it (after a few beers perhaps) and it just might look different in the morning? 

Cheers.. Dave 

Probably not, but what I need now is to just get on with one or two easy builds that I’m really committed to alongside others still ongoing. I shall be starting an airfix Harrier after sleep and beers and maybe an airfix f-86 or typhoon. Anyway the gnat will make the gallery in the next few days and even though I’m still yet to order the neutral grey paint needed the b-26 will make the gallery in time 

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 4

23 minutes ago, Ventora3300 said:

Got to be a Harrier - iconic aircraft and we only have the prototype P1127 on the GB so far. C'mon PhantomBigStu.

Agree - let's hope Stu wakes up with different thoughts? I assume all these are pre 1980 moulds and from what I've heard the F-86D is somewhat a decent kit for its age. 

Cheers.. Dave. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Agree - let's hope Stu wakes up with different thoughts? I assume all these are pre 1980 moulds and from what I've heard the F-86D is somewhat a decent kit for its age. 

Cheers.. Dave. 

Nope, thread will be moved to the WIP section, all three are more modern tools, though the Harrier one is 27 years old so not a million miles from the GB 

• Sad 2

• 2 weeks later...