911 GT2 Le Mans 1995

Yep. another completed, but to be fair it was started long before the 350Z that I posted here a couple of weeks ago. So straight to the point, this is another Tamiya kit, and it is as ever superbly engineered, and fits just about perfectly. The BIG thing for this project however was the excellent Tamiya plastic - this is the 'Taisan' boxing and it's molded entirely in glossy black !! - so I'll let y'all guess how many primer coats it took before applying the glossy white top coats. Decals are by Scale Design, no I've not heard of them either but they're the best part of twenty years old and behaved flawlessly.

lqIf4gY.jpg

U3santE.jpg

AxWmku8.jpg

NHL0fqw.jpg

0pgjz35.jpg

RKvB0xC.jpg

As ever thanks for taking the time to look and / or comment, please ask any question or hurl any criticism. Not sure what's next, will see what calls to me from the stash when I go in to the cave next week.

AFN

Ian.

• Like 6

The mind boggles as to the answer of how many coats it took to get that lovely white finish Ian! Looks like it might have taken a fair bit of sanding to get such a nice looking surface on the slicks too? I think I've got a couple of Scale Design items buried deep in the stash from long ago - American outfit IIRC? Nice colour scheme too, think Fujimi did a boxing of an earlier (maybe later?) different 911 variant in it?

Another cracking job! :thumbsup:

Keith

• Thanks 1

Well done Ian, great build!

• Thanks 1