Fokker F27-100 Friendship Aer Lingus

28 minutes ago, TonyW said:

This build is another from the GB I'm really enjoying seeing come together. What on earth are we all going to do when the GB ends?

1. Cry

2. Look at the stash of unbuilt kits and cry some more

3. Look at the stash and realise that this GB has made you buy more kits, and cry even more! 

4. Stop searching those nasty websites for words like 'classic' & 'vintage' Airfix 

5. Join the ATF I suppose! 

Cheers...  Dave 

• Haha 4

Hi All , 

A little closer to the end . The first coat of Emerald Green is on but looks like 1 or 2 more coats will be needed . I eventually opted to use the kit decals as a template for masking . Hope to have more time to paint tomorrow. 

On 9/22/2018 at 6:37 AM, Rabbit Leader said:

1. Cry

2. Look at the stash of unbuilt kits and cry some more

3. Look at the stash and realise that this GB has made you buy more kits, and cry even more! 

4. Stop searching those nasty websites for words like 'classic' & 'vintage' Airfix 

5. Join the ATF I suppose! 

Cheers...  Dave 

Dave you could stash more Frog kits for next year .

Thanks all for looking in 

Martin H

bTknFwa.jpg

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All 

More paint on this week . The second coat of green firmed up well .Some touch ups and adjustments will be required then on to decaling, Thanks for looking in

Martin H

wUfzI04.jpg

• Like 7

Hi All 

Started decals . As expected for 50 yr old sheets they are giving some problems . A coat of Testors decal bonder has helped .I am going to continue with this sheet even if the result isn't the best as I  really want this livery . Time will tell . Still aiming for the deadline though . Thanks for looking in 

Martin H

5TwELcb.jpg

• Like 8

This is looking really good Martin, love that classic Shamrock and Stripe tail. I always thought that this along with the green cheatline was the best Aer Lingus scheme. Keep going mate one last big push and you will make it. 

• Like 3

On 10/10/2018 at 6:53 AM, Ventora3300 said:

You are getting there, Martin, scheme looking excellent.

On 10/10/2018 at 9:16 AM, nimrod54 said:

This is looking really good Martin, love that classic Shamrock and Stripe tail. I always thought that this along with the green cheatline was the best Aer Lingus scheme. Keep going mate one last big push and you will make it. 

Thankyou both for your comments The push is on 

Martin H

• Like 4

Hi All 

Decals are on as well as they will be . Small bits and final touch to go. Decals completed after this was taken

Martin H  

Ybm3B4f.jpg

Edited by Grandboof
  • Like 9

Well done Martin, that is a fine looking model. :goodjob:  I have enjoyed tagging along with this one, it brought back memories of my attempt to build it many years ago. I built quite a few of the airliner kits that Airfix produced, and it was these kits that led me into painting my models, my F.27 didn't turn out as well as this though.

• Like 1

Well done Martin. This GB would not be right without the classic F-27 being built, so I'm glad it's finished and wonderfully on display. I've never had this kit before, however might just consider hunting one down and adding it to the growing collection of Airfix Classics that have managed to recently add to my growing stash / mound!

Cheers and thanks for being part of this very well subscribed GB.. Dave 

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/22/2019 at 11:05 PM, danntheman said:

Great job, have you any idea where I could source this kit, all help welcomed

Some of the later offering ( TAA boxing ) appear from time to to time E Bay . I was lucky to pick this one up at a swap meet. You could try Scalemates. Hope this helps

Martin H

• Like 1