Supermarine Spitfire LF.IXe. Czech air force, 1946.

Hi all....Please, let me show you my latest model. It's an ICM Spitfire LF.IXe, in 1/48 scale.....Built OOB, except for some seat belts made from lead foil. Entirely painted with god old Humbrol enamels, and slightly weathered with pastel chalks.

My inspiration came after watching an excellent movie, "A dark blue world".

Please, fell free to leave any comment...

41778673754_08ef2e7a03_c.jpgIMGP0014 by Arturo Navarro, en Flickr

42501191351_4a2dc3675a_c.jpgIMGP0012 by Arturo Navarro, en Flickr

40693266950_4ace17ac37_c.jpgIMGP0010 by Arturo Navarro, en Flickr

27630097387_b007895e3a_c.jpgIMGP0013 by Arturo Navarro, en Flickr

• Like 20

Good looking Mk IX!

A small nitpick: From the Mk V, Spitfires carried VHF radio sets and the short antenna was integral to the antenna mast. So, definitely no aerial wire on a Mk V and later Spit. 😉

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Thanks 1

To nit-pick the nit-picker, some MkV outside UK may have still had TR9 HF radio sets, so then would have the external aerial.  This is set out in the Manuals for the MkV.

Cheers

Will

Thank you very much for your kind comments, and added information....

I enjoyed it a lot while building this model...The ICM kit is not up to, lets say, Eduard standards, but still a nice kit, if we spend some time trimming and dry fitting. Just a hint: the kit's decals are a real nightmare, be very careful with them...

Well, to be honest, I've got a bunch of them in my stash, and I'm not planning to get rid off them...... The story behind those czech pilots made think about how things turnd out after five years of war, becoming prisoners of their former "allies", being guilty of defending their homeland, and our freedom....How stupid can we be.....

Best regards  from Tenerife...

Edited by Artie