Need a crash course in how to make decals.

shood23

Hi guys I call on the wisdom of the group. 

I need a quick/ over simplified explanation of how to use one or all of the tagged applications above on how to make white decals with no background so i can send the file straight to a print maker. I have only recently started using these apps so am very overwhelmed in the functions (many swear words have come out). All i want to make is around 10 decals that are word logos for a certain car but all have to be white and I can't seem to 1) find away to import the logos I want to use and 2) find away to change the back ground colour to nothing. 

I've watch many YouTube videos but nothing has come up that closely resembles what I am trying to do. 

The thing is I get it's probably going to be something super easy but I'm thick when it comes to new programs. 

Shaun 

Thanks séan. I know of white decal paper in looking more into making a sheet to send to an actual person to print with the white with no outline. 

Shaun 

You need to have some sort of drawing program and possibly a photo editing program as well.

I use a DTP [desk top publishing] program in which I can draw lines, circles, turn them in different directions. I can use many letter fonts and size them from tiny to very big, widen or skinny them, rotate them

For specific art work design I scan it into a photo editing program, mess around with it there then I can place it on my DTP page and re-size it, rotate it,  etcetera there

I've not used the facility but my DTP prog has a feature I can change the page to a PDF. With it being a PDF anyone else can open the page and see it; without it being a PDF it can only be opened by someone using the same DTP prog I use

As long as everything is clean [ie no artifacts] then the person getting the PDF artwork can print it out with the white on the computer screen being clear on a clear decal film

Séan it was for a race car but with all the info I got from here and a little more digging using different search words I have finally managed to get the job done. Just need someone who can print them now. 

Shaun