Trumpeter T-62 series

Mr Tel

Hi all

I'm building my first Trumpeter kit, which is the T-62 Iraqi Modification, and am needing a couple of tips:

Firstly, is it normal for this company not to put any guide holes in the turret for the grab rails? This was hard work, and I've probably got a couple wrong!

Secondly, I've never seen a turret like this before (ie with no tabs or flange to secure it to the hull). Will this need any user modification to get it to work without falling forward under the weight of the metal barrel?

I noticed in one of the reviews on this site that this is a 'drop-in' turret and will need 'the usual precautions'. I was wondering what is meant by that.

Otherwise, I'm enjoying this build immensely.

As one of the reviewers here, I can confirm that the "usual precautions" involves not picking the model up and upending it before putting a finger over the turret.  IIRC they're a fairly snug fit, so shouldn't keel over due to the weight of the barrel, but there's nothing to stop you from making your own bayonet fitting, although it will take a bit of fairly precise scratch building :)  That said, I've never felt the need for any of my drop-in turrets :shrug:

That makes sense - It would be a catastrophe if the turret was to fall from table height to the hard floor, especially with the assembled Dushka on it!

Actually I was thinking of scratch-building something, just as a safety measure to stop it coming out!

Thanks for the advice Mike.

• 1 year later...

I had the same problem with my Trumpy T-72 and T-80 kits, so I glued in an ironing-spray cap into the turret bottom opening. Now it is long enough to disable accidential fall-off of the turret during normal movement and helped during assembly and painting too. Of course, precaution is still needed when turning the model upside down, but that is obvious anyway.

Tamás

20190316_Black_primed_02

Edited by Agriamodeling
Typos here and there
  • Thanks 1