Jump to content
This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

GREG DESTEC

Its a (different) Bomber!! -++++ FINISHED ++++

Recommended Posts

That's a very good looking build of a real Airfix Classic. Just looking at the built model brings back memories of the Roy Cross boxtop and how much I wanted one of these as a kid.

 

Tony.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Excellent result Greg!! Well done on dragging it over the finish line in such style! Very well done.. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, TonyW said:

That's a very good looking build of a real Airfix Classic. Just looking at the built model brings back memories of the Roy Cross boxtop and how much I wanted one of these as a kid.

 

Tony.

Thanks Tony 😁

 

It was a bit of a handful but we got there in the end.

 

Cheers Greg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

Excellent result Greg!! Well done on dragging it over the finish line in such style! Very well done.. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks again Stix for your support and kind comments.

 

You hit the Nail on the head when you said dragging it over the line 😉

 

Cheers Greg 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Loving that! Superb fella! 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great work Greg, your build has brought back a lot of memories when I built that kit, would you believe I finished it in about 2 hours? As Tony mentioned the box top was great and surely convinced me to use my pocket money on it.

Mind you there was no paint involved and the decals went on later. It made a great contribution to my backyard Air Force at the time!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Lawzer said:

Loving that! Superb fella! 👍

Cheers Lawser ☺️

 

Glad you like it.

 

All the best Greg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

Great work Greg, your build has brought back a lot of memories when I built that kit, would you believe I finished it in about 2 hours? As Tony mentioned the box top was great and surely convinced me to use my pocket money on it.

Mind you there was no paint involved and the decals went on later. It made a great contribution to my backyard Air Force at the time!

Thank you 😁

 

This GB has been a bit nostalgic to say the least. Although I build a fair amount of these old tooling as a matter of course it has been so much more enjoyable in the company of you guys.

 

Back in the day I didn't always paint them either making the completion time much shorter. The aim being to add another plane to the growing armada hanging from my ceiling.

 

Cheers Greg 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Nice one Greg

 

Looks the business :partytime:

 

cheers Pat

Thanks Pat,

Much appreciated

 

Cheers Greg :thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/27/2018 at 10:35 AM, BerndM said:

Stunning result on this well shaped monster.

Cheers mate,

 

Much appreciated comments.

 

All the best Greg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×