Its a (different) Bomber!! -++++ FINISHED ++++

43 minutes ago, TonyW said:

That's a very good looking build of a real Airfix Classic. Just looking at the built model brings back memories of the Roy Cross boxtop and how much I wanted one of these as a kid.

Tony.

Thanks Tony 😁

It was a bit of a handful but we got there in the end.

Cheers Greg

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

Excellent result Greg!! Well done on dragging it over the finish line in such style! Very well done.. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks again Stix for your support and kind comments.

You hit the Nail on the head when you said dragging it over the line 😉

Cheers Greg 

• Like 2

Great work Greg, your build has brought back a lot of memories when I built that kit, would you believe I finished it in about 2 hours? As Tony mentioned the box top was great and surely convinced me to use my pocket money on it.

Mind you there was no paint involved and the decals went on later. It made a great contribution to my backyard Air Force at the time!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

Great work Greg, your build has brought back a lot of memories when I built that kit, would you believe I finished it in about 2 hours? As Tony mentioned the box top was great and surely convinced me to use my pocket money on it.

Mind you there was no paint involved and the decals went on later. It made a great contribution to my backyard Air Force at the time!

Thank you 😁

This GB has been a bit nostalgic to say the least. Although I build a fair amount of these old tooling as a matter of course it has been so much more enjoyable in the company of you guys.

Back in the day I didn't always paint them either making the completion time much shorter. The aim being to add another plane to the growing armada hanging from my ceiling.

Cheers Greg 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...