USSR Air Force insignia, type 1955, 1-32 scale from Begemot

kotey

Good stuff - thanks, Andrey! Now, how about a sheet or sheets of stars for Great Patriotic War aircraft, especially Victory and Kremlin stars, in 1/72 scale, plus a sheet for the Yak-1 family in 1/72 to go with the Brengun Yak-1 kit? Thank you for at least thinking about these suggestions!

John

As say Russians in this case - the extreme severity of standards and laws is compensated by non-obligation of their execution, so Yak-1: insignias were too far from standards. In first weeks of war there no too much time for check standard insignia or not.

Now i'm work about one decal for one of VVS RKKA lend-lease aircraft, so in theory its were three types of insignia - red without otline (or with black outline). red with white outline and red with whire-red outline. And two standard sizes of insignia. But in fact - i'm count 17 different sizes of insignia, all of its - will be on decal sheet, half of decal area - different red stars.

Edited by kotey

4 hours ago, kotey said:

As say Russians in this case - the extreme severity of standards and laws is compensated by non-obligation of their execution, so Yak-1: insignias were too far from standards. In first weeks of war there no too much time for check standard insignia or not.

Now i'm work about one decal for one of VVS RKKA lend-lease aircraft, so in theory its were three types of insignia - red without otline (or with black outline). red with white outline and red with whire-red outline. And two standard sizes of insignia. But in fact - i'm count 17 different sizes of insignia, all of its - will be on decal sheet, half of decal area - different red stars.

Hah - that's quite funny! Well, it does sound like the new lend-lease sheet you're working on will be a good source for stars of different styles and sizes for use on models of other aircraft, so I'll be interested to see this one when it is released.

John

Ha-ha.

BTW - quiz for inquisitive - on which US made aircraft in VVS RKKA insignia were placed by water slide decal - so its were real model work in scale 1\1?

• 1 month later...

Today Begemot release two new decals - both in 1-32 scales: 
32-017 Russian Air Force insignia, type 2010
http://www.begemotdecals.ru/showpos.php?lang=2&id=177

32-017%20OZ%20VVS%20Rossii%202010.jpg

32-018 Additional Russian Air Force insignia, type 2010
http://www.begemotdecals.ru/showpos.php?lang=2&id=176

32-018%20Dop%20OZ%20VVS%20Rossii%202010.

So, we we provide a bigger choice for modellers, who like 1-32 scale and Russian aviation.