Boadicca - Queen of the Icini

On the eve of the Battle of Watling Street, Boadicca watches the vastly out-numbered Romans forming up in the valley below, while her tribal chiefs admire the designer Burberry travel rug she's "appropriated" to use as a cloak. No doubt they all reckon that tomorrow's clash will be a bit of a dawdle.

All figures are assembled and painted 75mm white metal kits; 1 x from Alexandros Models, 1 x from Masterclass and 4 x from Pegaso Miniatures.

Diorama base is painted paper mache planted with static grass, trees, bushes and err, plants. The standing stones were scratch-built.

The frames were digitally added for an animated slideshow - and I forgot to remove them before uploading the photos....Doh..!!

The sun-rays in the final photo are the result of cack-handed camera work - but by sheer accident they seem to work quite well.

a

b

c

d

e

f

g

h

i

j

Edited by Cadman
added a comment
  • Like 25

Hi H,

LTNC, hope you are well. Great to see you're still at it and producing your finest as usual. Exquisite compositions, colours and details.

Rearguards,

Badder

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

Keep them coming Cadman.  

Something like this Vinnie?

1. Wolfie

2. Wolfie

3. Wolfie

4. Wolfie

5. Wolfie

I'm cheating just a tad -- it's an old one, first put together back in 2013, but I'm in the process of updating it with additional figures and so on.

Might be finished end of next week. But I'll be kind of busy the next few days though, putting a few diorama slideshows together for some mates of mine, then converting them to video files.

Tearing my hair out cutting bits of audio files, then joining them together -- only to find they still don't fit in with the slide transitions.

Grrr....as "Wolfie" there might say.

😠....😕

PS. I'm resizing all these photos down to 800 pixel wide. Anyone know if I can post larger images? Say, 1024 pixels wide?

Edited by Cadman
added a PS
  • Like 3

Really pretty good job Cadman.  À field of modelling that I scarcely venture in. I  really admire the painting ! Top notch !! Corsaircorp 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Vinnie said:

Where do you find room to store these?

Our place is overrun with this stuff. Most are upstairs in my hobby room or the conservatory. There's also four display cabinets in the living room.

I'm banned from displaying them in the kitchen and the instinctive self-defense "fight or flee response" tells me just don't even bother trying to put any dioramas on a shelf through in the bedroom....

....but lately I've got around to wondering if maybe the bathroom offers some possibilities....😜....😃

Smaller stuff goes through the house into the cabinet at the back of my office.

zz

yy

xx

Edited by Cadman
added photos
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Yup, That"s a problem for us all !!

However, I have a fellow modeller here in Belgium who has and still have 3 full size mannequins...

In his bedroom… Beside the bed !

One fully clad in stratospheric flight suit including helmet

another in the early fifties USAF pilot and the last one is more in a '70 US flight suit !

Even me, I would suffer for a lack of sleep with these 3 plastic guys peering at the bed !!

One must say that he have a VERY understanding wife, must mention that there are kits in every rooms too !!

Soooo ! it exist !! But I did'nt get such a wife ...

Whatever, really great collection ! Cadman ! you did great !

Sincerely.

CC

• Haha 1

On 6/3/2018 at 5:45 PM, corsaircorp said:

Yup, That"s a problem for us all !!

However, I have a fellow modeller here in Belgium who has and still have 3 full size mannequins...

In his bedroom… Beside the bed !

One fully clad in stratospheric flight suit including helmet

another in the early fifties USAF pilot and the last one is more in a '70 US flight suit !

Even me, I would suffer for a lack of sleep with these 3 plastic guys peering at the bed !!

One must say that he have a VERY understanding wife, must mention that there are kits in every rooms too !!

Soooo ! it exist !! But I did'nt get such a wife ...

Whatever, really great collection ! Cadman ! you did great !

Sincerely.

CC

One of your mates has three full sized mannequins in his bedroom.....beside the bed..??!!??

Hmm, I simply wouldn't get away with that one. Offhand, I'm at a loss trying to dream up any rational reasons why I'd want to anyway.

Thanks for the laugh though.

😅

• Haha 1