Trumpeter SU-15 TM question...

John Masters

I recently purchased the Trumpeter SU-15 TM 1/72nd scale kit.  It looks pretty good, but the TM variant arrived too late for me to include it in the upcoming 1960s NATO/WarPact GB.  I would like to build the kit as a standard SU-15.  How easy would this be?  Are the changes from standard to TM internal, therefore less likely to be noticed, or will I have to carve and fill a lot to get the desired result?

The two variants had for sure different shaped radomes, with the TM being ogive-shaped and earlier versions having a conical shape.

The wing on early Su-15s was a pure delta, but this changed during production of the first variant to the more common double delta used on all later variants

Thanks Giorgio...could you point me in the direction of a visual example of both so I can see what, and if, I might do?

Is the radome the pointy nose?  I think you might mean 'olive-shaped'?  And the double delta...?

7 hours ago, John D.C. Masters said:

How easy would this be?  Are the changes from standard to TM

It's was so easy, as conversion from Spitfire Mk.24 in

Spitfire Mk.I !!!

;):)

General differences Su-15 v.s Su-15TM it's:

- new radome nose cone on Su-15ТМ;

- new canopy with periscope on Su-15TM;

- new nose wheels (2 nose wheels- Su-15TM, 1 nose wheels- Su-15);

- new wing on Su-15TM;

- new engine without air conditioning intake engine on top fuselage....and many little differences.

Best easy way for conversion from Su-15TM Trumpeter in Su-15....it's buy Su-15 Trumpeter! :):)

It's economy  time and health for modeller!

B.R.

Serge

• Like 1