1/48 Revell (Hasegawa) Supermarine Spitfire Mk.IXc

• Kit manufacture: Revell (Hasegawa original)
  • Scale: 1/48
  • Type: Supermarine Spitfire Mk.IXc
  • Extras used: none
  • Paints and colours used: All Tamiya RAF colours, Gloss coated with Alclad Aqua Gloss, matt finish with Vallejo Polyurethane Matt varnish. Weathering mixture of oils and Flory Dark Dirt

This was a reasonably straight forward build, entirely out of box. The kit is lovely to work with, beautiful details and brilliant fit; and you can pick this up for a reasonable price so it's worth looking out for. Having said that, there a loads of well documented accuracy issues with this kit which we don't have to go into here! Decals are also OOB and performed perfectly.

All in all, good fun!

DSCF7126-X3.jpg

DSCF7128-X3.jpg

DSCF7129-X3.jpg

DSCF7130-X3.jpg

fullsizeoutput_1681-1700x1152.jpg

DSCF7133-X3.jpg

DSCF7135-X3.jpg

DSCF7134-X3.jpg

DSCF7136-X3.jpg

DSCF7137-X3.jpg

Thank you all for stopping by, it really is appreciated!

Val

• Like 28

Great looking Spit. Entirely agree regarding Hasegawa Spitfire oob it looks to me like a Mk IX and a really well made and painted one at that. One tiny thing I'd be tempted to do would be to weather the prop and spinner to match the worn paint work of the airframe, IMO. (Or it could of just had a new one fitted!)  I sometimes find a quick polish of the canopy and dip in Johnsons Klear floor polish helps to give it a nice clear shine.

Hope you don't mind me saying as it's a great build.

Cheers Darryl 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Jasper dog said:

Great looking Spit. Entirely agree regarding Hasegawa Spitfire oob it looks to me like a Mk IX and a really well made and painted one at that. One tiny thing I'd be tempted to do would be to weather the prop and spinner to match the worn paint work of the airframe, IMO. (Or it could of just had a new one fitted!)  I sometimes find a quick polish of the canopy and dip in Johnsons Klear floor polish helps to give it a nice clear shine.

Hope you don't mind me saying as it's a great build.

Cheers Darryl 

Thanks, yes you’re right about the prop spinner. It’s an odd one, basically I got a nice gloss finish which is really unusual for me so decided to keep it and call it a new part 😂

You’re right about the canopy too, it isn’t perfectly clear. I tried to get it off to polish it but the crystal clear had got such a strong hold it wouldn’t easily budge! Thanks for the help though, always welcome :)

Its a Spitfire mk. IX.

Its wearing the standard late RAF camouflage. 

Its as common as a pigeon in a city.

Yet the colours are 100% nailed to my eyes and it looks real to me.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Josip said:

Its a Spitfire mk. IX.

Its wearing the standard late RAF camouflage. 

Its as common as a pigeon in a city.

Yet the colours are 100% nailed to my eyes and it looks real to me.

Thank you! To be honest I just used the standard RAF colours from Tamiya. I know some people aren’t too happy with their green, but it looks close enough to me.