Dominie T1

Very nice Phil - I've seen them buzzing Cranwell in the past.  This is a chance for a very 'clean build' - I bet it turns out lovely:clap2:

• Like 2

Very nice choice shatters.

I'd be keen to build both this as well as the Matchbox -600 kits one of these days, howevereI might have to dip into the kids inheritence a fair bit to make it happen.

We'll be watching on with keen interest.

Cheers.. Dave  

• Like 3

10 hours ago, badger said:

I like the colour scheme on the box of the later release.

Watching with interest

Ben

I do too, but it's a complete non-starter as by the time the black and white colour scheme was introduced what was left of the Dominie fleet were completely different birds, the  second scheme in the later boxing covers a 1970's option, so that's the way I'll be going.

Phil

• Like 3

I managed to get a lovely trip to Nimes on XS729 in 2003, and would love to see it modelled. Unfortunately, as you say, it would require heavy modding to bring it to that standard. Am looking forward to seeing this built though:popcorn:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If the decals from the original boxing are no good and you still want to build a Dominie in the early scheme, try and find Model Alliance's decal sheet MA-72129 which has decals for the pre-delivery silver & dayglo scheme, XS728 in the red/white/grey scheme for the Airfix kit and a 32 Sqn (the Royal) HS125-600 for the Matchbox kit.

• Like 1

On 02/06/2018 at 22:49, AMB said:

If the decals from the original boxing are no good and you still want to build a Dominie in the early scheme, try and find Model Alliance's decal sheet MA-72129 which has decals for the pre-delivery silver & dayglo scheme, XS728 in the red/white/grey scheme for the Airfix kit and a 32 Sqn (the Royal) HS125-600 for the Matchbox kit.

I've been on the lookout for that sheet since I bought the kits, but like the j-stars sheet they seem to have disappeared of the face of the earth.

Phil

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 23/08/2018 at 10:43, Ventora3300 said:

Hello, Phil. Did you get the colours finished on the Dominie? Again, smart jet, this one. Cheers. Mike

Sorry Mike, due to a relationship breakdown, I haven't done any modelling since that post.

Phil

• Sad 5

Look on the bright side, that should at least give you more time for modelling! (... just trying to give to a bit of a lift Phil.. ). Now I just picked up one of these kits at a local show this morning so I’m keen to see this one progress. 

Hope you’re keeping well and please stay in touch with your BM mates - we’ll help you through. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1