Hi All

Here is something I have just finished. The Troggoth Hag from Forgeworld for Warhammer.

This was a commission for a friend. It is a lovely figure and tremendous fun to paint. There are so many little details that you don't notice until you are actually painting it. I would show you the Octopus in the net or the snotling hiding in the staff but I forgot to photograph them before It was collected. It took about 6 weeks to do complete.

Hope you like it!

Hag1

Hag2

Hag3

Hag4

Hag5

Thanks for looking

Simon

• Like 13

On 5/31/2018 at 12:27 AM, Skids said:

Hi All

Here is something I have just finished. The Troggoth Hag from Forgeworld for Warhammer.

This was a commission for a friend. It is a lovely figure and tremendous fun to paint. There are so many little details that you don't notice until you are actually painting it. I would show you the Octopus in the net or the snotling hiding in the staff but I forgot to photograph them before It was collected. It took about 6 weeks to do complete.

Hope you like it!

Hag1

Hag2

Hag3

Hag4

Hag5

Thanks for looking

Simon

Great work on this subject,love all the detail,tremendous painting,realy enjoyed,she reminds me of a woman I met on a VERY Dark night once,Cheers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, rockpopandchips said:

That's very nice, the details look fantastic. 

It is a fantastic figure, I kept discovering details as I was painting it, things I hadn't noticed when I started.

Nice work! I really like the plastic river trolls and she would fit right in with them. The tiny scales and her fins look great, must've taken you a while to pick them all out?

I haven't seen much Forgeworld fantasy stuff before - the casting looks very good, how was the fit?

Cheers,

Will

• Like 1

Hi Will

Thanks.

I didn't do all the assemblies for this kit. I only glued the ears, left and right hands and right ankle. Compared to GW figs which go together so easy I found it a poor fit. Spent a whole evening warming up and "bending" the resin back into shape so it would fit when put together. And still used some green stuff as I got to a point I was worried about snapping bits. For an expensive model it was a bit of effort. 

But in all of the "bad" aspects of this I really can't see this as a reason not to get forgeworld stuff. I have spent 6 weeks on this and thoroughly enjoyed almost every hour spent on this kit. It was pure joy to paint. So I will be popping to Nottingham to see what else I can buy.

Simon

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...