Douglas A-26 Invader Fuerza Aerea Brasil

As well as the Spitfire VB of another thread, I have been toying with this kit as well, so as a moment of madness I have ordered this kit from an online retailer. As I am a bit of a fan of South American air arms I will be doing a Brazilian machine from the 1970s using a decal sheet from FCM ordered from the Big H. The Invader is one of my favourite aircraft. Not a bad kit if I recall from Airfix? 

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/130190-airfix-591-invader

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/FCM72031

• Like 10

I built one a few years ago, one of my first after a break from modelling, as a B-26K Counter- Invader.  Do not remember any major issues. 

• Like 2

Keen to see this one come along as well.

Once had it and sold it (I'm sure I've said that before elsewhere!).

Have fun with all those rivets, they must have been all the rage in 1971 - like my DHC Beaver!

Cheers.. Dave    

• Like 3

Kit arrived today in a huge box from Kingkit. Some flash around some of the parts but should build up okay and plenty of rivets to contend with! Photos in the next few days, 

• Like 1

Here we go with some photos of Airfix’s rivet and flash festooned A-26 Invader. 

A-26 Invader.

A-26 Invader.

A-26 Invader.

A-26 Invader.

A-26 Invader.

A-26 Invader.

A-26 Invader.

I probably won’t start this kit until next week. Will give me something to do whilst on nights at work. 

• Like 7

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Ventora3300 said:

Threadbear, still looking forward to this one getting off the starting blocks - I've never built this kit so was interested to see how it built up.  

Make that 2 of us......

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...