Twin boomer from Germany

1 hour ago, AdrianMF said:

I've just noticed that the classic type 3 box art has RAF-style yellow propeller tips!

Should I get out more?

Regards,

Adrian

... and there's me thinking I've forgotten to add them!

• Haha 3

Bye, adios, au revoir, auf wiedersehen etc. This kit is in the bin! Life is too short for an untalented modeller like me to waste it on a kit as crap as this. The Airfix GB story goes on, however, as I am returning to my original plan and start this

2018-09-25_11-19-36

Bilek bagged edition of the Airfix FW 189 A. Oh I feel better already :yahoo:. V-P

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, vppelt68 said:

Bye, adios, au revoir, auf wiedersehen etc. This kit is in the bin! Life is too short for an untalented modeller like me to waste it on a kit as crap as this. The Airfix GB story goes on, however, as I am returning to my original plan and start this

Bilek bagged edition of the Airfix FW 189 A. Oh I feel better already :yahoo:. V-P

Ooooh!  Bit harsh to call yourself an untalented modeller V-P !

Look forward to seeing the 189 done, I think I made this 2 or 3 times in my youth.  I quite fancy ICM's model of this.

Davey.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

That's a shame, I was looking forward to seeing the Ju getting beaten into shape. Oh well, Onward and Upward!

I have a cunning plan that works for me when a build goes wrong. I flat off all detailing and hit the model with primer filler, then satin black. A paper spike gets put to use as a stand and I'm left with a decent replica of a wartime ID model. 

IMG_7939.jpg

• Like 10

40 minutes ago, vppelt68 said:

That´s a clever idea and those ID models look very good, but: I hate filling and sanding. Your models look like they have needed hours of sanding, they look SO smooth 👍. V-P

A bit of filling over canopies, spinners etc, then five minutes each with a bit of 400 Wet and Dry, used wet. A couple of heavy coats of primer filler, a rub down with 800 paper and on with the satin black.

I save up a few disasters over time and make my ID models in one hit. Fortunately, the disasters don't happen often enough to crowd my shelves with ID models 😁

Apologies for the thread Hijack, I'm now looking forward to seeing your FW189 build.

Tony.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, vppelt68 said:

V-P, looks like you have shaken off that Ju 88 bad vibe - why not re-title the thread as per the FW 189 and we'll forget all about it! It also makes things clear for Rabbit Leader on the Build List. Great stuff - we also now have the 'Bilek' variation on the Airfix moulds. Best of luck with your build. Mike.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello V-P, just wondered how the Fw189 was coming along. The GB has had a last one week extension so it would be great to see this distinctive aircraft finished and swooping into the Gallery. All the best. Mike.

• Like 2

Thanks Mike! I had already decided to let this one end DNF, but as the good folks here have given the one week extension, it would be rude not to finish 😊. So the Airacobra is back in the stash and the FW back on the table, thank you! V-P

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, vppelt68 said:

Thanks Mike! I had already decided to let this one end DNF, but as the good folks here have given the one week extension, it would be rude not to finish 😊. So the Airacobra is back in the stash and the FW back on the table, thank you! V-P

Great news! Hopefully look forward to this one in the gallery! 👍

• Like 2

That’s the spirit V.P. I’m glad you’ve chosen to give this one another chance to get finished. Although most of us have ‘galleried’ our builds there’s still plenty of interest in those that are nearing completion as well. 

Cheers.. Dave

• Like 3

Come on V-P

Lets not be having any of this defeatist talk about not finishing.

Turn the telly off tell Mrs V-P that although she looks lovely in that new lingerie you are not in the mood, you can achieve a great deal in 3 hours without these unnecessary distractions !

cheers Pat

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Come on V-P

Lets not be having any of this defeatist talk about not finishing.

Turn the telly off tell Mrs V-P that although she looks lovely in that new lingerie you are not in the mood, you can achieve a great deal in 3 hours without these unnecessary distractions !

cheers Pat

I reckon you could tackle both and still leave 2 hours 45 minutes to finish off the Fw189! 

• Haha 4

15 hours ago, vppelt68 said:

:rofl2: just remember I live in GMT +2 zone so I was already  :sleeping: while you had all this fun and gave me the encouragement :thanks:. But the twin-boomer shall be finished. In the KUTA or even before that. V-P

I notice you are keeping quiet about Mrs V-P and the new lingerie.....

As reasons for not finishing a GB, it's hard to beat !  ;)

:cheers:Pat

• Haha 3