ADLIB-1, 1/144, Scratch build, Interior view.

1 hour ago, Getunderit said:

Playing around with the Propulsion Room (PR). The compartment's name gets changed all the time.

I always liked the terms “Star Drive” or “Stellar Drive” to denote the Engine room. 

• Thanks 1

Another optical device found from junk bits is a door security peephole. This has a fish-eye lens. It can capture items at very close range.

eEcKXKH.jpg

Will attach the peephole to the hull. What is behind the hull, to be seen, will be hidden in a box. Curiosity may invite the observer to have a look into the peephole. What is to be seen will be unexpected 😱 , and will dramatically shift their previous perception of the ADLIB-1. What will be seen? My lips are sealed 😶, until the model is finished 😀 .

• Like 7

Thank you @Gorby, @rockpopandchips, @The Chief Smeg, @harveyb258, and @Corsairfoxfouruncle for your 'likes'.

Been collecting plastic tags used for sealing bread bags. Planning to use them as circuit boards just for a small section of the model.

In the drawing, the technician is repairing a large printed circuit board (pcb). 

iTecDYd.jpg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, rockpopandchips said:

Are you goings to used printed circuit board as well as the tags or are you making your own? 

I am going to cut small dark squares and rectangles, from thin plastic sheet, to represent Chips/ICs; and glue them on the green tag. Hoping the tag will look like a pcb (as drawn). No copper etching for tracks _ you won't see the back of it anyway.

• Like 1

Just to let everybody know. I know that what I am using and building is old style stuff for a futuristic time. But for today's observer of the model, they will at least recognize what most of the bits represent (I hope). In the years to come, this model will be an embarrassment. But I won't care because I won't be around :lol:.

The thing is, I am having fun building it, and what a treat it is for me to know that others, like yourself, are enjoying it too. I am very grateful for you all in following this build.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 6/28/2018 at 1:24 AM, Getunderit said:

Thanks.

I like "Stellar Drive".

Sounds like an address. Bet the house prices are astronomical.

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, Getunderit said:

Just to let everybody know. I know that what I am using and building is old style stuff for a futuristic time

This is what makes this build so special, it gives the whole thing the look of something that has been around and really lived. One of the things that I loved about the reboot of BSG was that they embraced old technology and used it specifically because it was old technology. 

Your build is is so much fun to follow because you are using all of these sort of familiar items. I’m loving it!

• Thanks 1

Thank you @Corsairfoxfouruncle, @Jaktis, and @Gorby for your reactions.

Came across an old front door peephole in my tool box. Plan to use it to reveal something strange/unexpected about the ADLIB-1. Part of the interior view will be boxed and unrevealing except for a peephole. The device has a fish-eye lens and can view a lot of info at close quarters. I plan to create a mini-diorama within a small boxed in area.

eEcKXKH.jpg

Since the model will eventually be placed in a display case, the peephole device needs to extend/bridge to the display casing.

• Like 3

Added the figurines to the chairs and the chairs to the console.

laGMvt1.jpg

mM1Z8BT.jpg

This will do for the time being. Need to pay some attention to my other build logs.

Thanks for watching. Will return to this one shortly.

• Like 7

Really looking very nice indeed and I particularly like the idea of the peephole ( what the Vulcan saw lol ) joking aside having a device that intices the viewer to have a look is very original and adds a bit of interaction that you don't normally get on models or dioramas and I think it's great 👍

Pete

• Thanks 1