Tamiya Ducati 916

Hello, below is my first attempt back to plastic scale modelling since retiring. Before this my last kit would have been some kind of Airfix WW2 aircraft when I was in my teens, many years ago. I decided that I would do this kit basically as I remembered doing them, then my next kit I’ll try much harder and implement many of the tricks and tips that I’ve recently learned from this forum or from reading magazines. By that I mean, I want to spend lots of time deseaming, take much more care of the painting etc.etc.

All of the painting on this kit has been hand brushed except the red which is a rattle can, I don’t have an airbrush at the moment. The mixing of colours wasn’t well controlled and the painting in general is too thick and only a single coat, more things to correct on the next kit.

Anyway, all constructive comments are welcome and I’ll do better next time.

Regards Ian

Tamiya Ducati 916

Tamiya Ducati 916

Tamiya Ducati 916

Tamiya Ducati 916

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LostCosmonauts said:

Looks pretty darn neat to me 

Thanks LostCosmonauts, I think that we are all our own worst critics at time. We always know where the mistakes are!!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, MAD STEVE said:

Very Nice Ian, I think you doing ok :) 

Thanks Steve, I see that you are from Jo’burg, my wife and me had a great retirement holiday last year, we started in Jo’burg, then went onto to Zimbabwe, Botswana and ended up in Cape Town, it was a brilliant trip. We are hoping to come to Africa again in the next year or two, depending on funds of course.

• Like 1

Nothing wrong with this Ian, keep it up. And anyway, if you're going to try harder, make sure it's for yourself and not for the rest of the world.

17 minutes ago, JeroenS said:

Nothing wrong with this Ian, keep it up. And anyway, if you're going to try harder, make sure it's for yourself and not for the rest of the world.

Thanks Jeroen, you make a good point about who the model is for, as long as I can see progress I’ll be happy.