Photobucket...what happened?

I have been having problems uploading my model photos to Photobucket for a while.  Tonight I tried again, and it gave me two choices for PAYING.  Nuts to that.  Any recommendations on a decent free service??

TIA

• Like 1

I am with PB Les I think because I made a one off payment (£18) for more bandwidth back in 2013 nothing's changed unlike most folk's who have 

been blocked,when I was expecting the worse I opened a Flickr account which I use for everything now,it's simple,free and never let me down so far.

I did read they had been bought out by a larger enterprise so not ruling out a PB style ransom sometime in the future though.

Thanks so much for your help.  I will try a Flikr account.  It can't be anymore confusing (to me) than PB was.

I've been using Flickr since PB went sideways last year. I figured it out fairly quickly. Just remember to use the BBCode option for posting here, if you are using a PC computer.

Chris

73 North...I feel the same way you do...I will not forget.

Dogsbody...thanks for the heads up.  I am on an iMac...so I should be good to go.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well...forget flicker...what a confusing NON user-friendly site.  Guess I'm out of the picture posting business.

I moved over to Imgur when PB dropped a doo dah.  I like them because you can post a single image, or a group of images, without the rest of your album being shown to all and sundry.

Mike

I tried Village.Photo but found that the imaged needs to be sized properly before being uploaded. Flickr gives you options on the size you may want to post. I like that.

Chris

12 hours ago, Les Moore said:

Well...forget flicker...what a confusing NON user-friendly site.  Guess I'm out of the picture posting business.

Les I hope you will persevere or find another hosting site, I always enjoy seeing your models :) 

Cheers,

Stew

Like Bod I use postimage good quality from them only thing when you click on images it is the adverts some people do not like

But if you just use the image host it works for me spot on

beefy

4 hours ago, ShipbuilderMN said:

I use https://postimages.org/  Very simple to use, but a lot of folk don't like them for reason that escape me!   Never had any problem with them.

Bob

Postimage had a major wobble I'd guess about 15-18 months ago because of financial problems due to an unsustainable business model.  I had almost everything on there and it was a sweaty week or two until they got themselves back on an even keel. I wasn't badly affected by Photobucket but any hosting site can go belly up or take leave of its wits and it's probably a good idea to hedge your bets and use more than one.  I now use Flickr, which I don't find in the slightest confusing or non-user friendly, for more important stuff (group builds, RFI and the like) and Postimage for other things.  As somebody else mentioned, one great advantage of Flickr is that it lets you choose the size of the image as you are linking to it so you can post the same image in different sizes on several sites should you wish to do so.

The one thing that would make Flickr easier to use would be being able to use the EMBED option when posting here. It did work up until a month or so ago, but a forum update stopped that. Now it takes about 3 seconds longer to post pictures. As I'm now retired, I can afford the time usage.

Chris