1/72 Mystère IV Patrouille de France Revell (matchbox)

Hello!

Here is my latest build from my aerobatic team collection, 1/72 Mystère IV from the Patrouille de France Aerobatic team.

It was a simply build, with some troubles in the nose and the worst decals i've ever seen (weird, because i built these reboxes before and they were great). Decals were no old, but they just broke when i tried to get them over the fuselageshape, as i said, not because they were aged, instead they seem to be to much rigid. I tried microsol-set, decalfix, testors liquid. the old trick with water and white glue etc etc, and nothing happend.. btw they also do not wanted let the decal paper, so i think the problem was the lack of  polyurethane rubber (or the product they use to make this things). Anyway i loved the build, like i love all the classic kits.

It was painted with Vallejo Metal Paints & Air, plus a Humbrol gloss varnish as finish layer.

Best regards, Orlando.

1_zpsk7ibp8ga.jpg

2_zpsefoaiws6.jpg

3_zpsveiuxgou.jpg

4_zpsar4fsevj.jpg

5_zpsknbxvxng.jpg

6_zps0ebmlddd.jpg

Edited by orlando
  • Like 34

1 hour ago, Andre B said:

And you used hot water when working with those decals as well?

Thxs!  yep... as usually i do. A friend of mine told me that some of the revell reboxed decals printed in Italy in 00's had this problem... so i guess that's the problem.

cheers!

Orlando.

Fantastic.

Can i ask how you applied the gloss? I've been experimenting and finding it hard to get a really glossy finish, especially using an airbrush?

Unfortunately the shade of blue in this kit's decals is incorrect and misleading, so modeller's tend to copy that shade when painting the wing stripes.  I have colour photos of the Patrouille de France Mysteres at the 1963 Paris Air Show and the actual shade of blue should be a pale turquoise blue, which was repeated when they re-equipped with Fouga Magisters the following year. 

Edited by AMB