11 hours ago, Jaktis said:

I know that your idea is an unmanned waypoint, but when I see this I want something happening on the ground. Perhaps some sort of trade exchange or delivery. ...Just me  thinking out loud, perhaps I better shut up 😁

Funny you should say this as I have just ordered a load of 1/100 scale people for the ship and Im now thinking of adding a small jetty for the jolly boat. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Getunderit said:

Have a space guru meditating under the tree. Yeah, I better shut up too.

@rockpopandchips, love the knolly tree. Much like a Bonsai.

Im hoping after it covered with filler and has got some foliage it's going to look like an old oak tree, now the space guru was not exactly what I was think but what about a pilgrimage to the tree?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, rockpopandchips said:

Im hoping after it covered with filler and has got some foliage it's going to look like an old oak tree, now the space guru was not exactly what I was think but what about a pilgrimage to the tree?

I know that whatever you do @rockpopandchips it will work out marvelously.

I am just enjoying this build, and now and again my inner child wants to play along.

I know what's it like with scratch building, ideas and things get changed along the way. Inspiration and creativity is a never-ending-story.

• Like 1

On 6/26/2018 at 1:43 AM, Getunderit said:

:lol: Have a space guru meditating under the tree.

Nah you need a goat. Boris is lonely!

36446905146_0ebe06fa43_c.jpg

W /coat get

• Haha 5

22 hours ago, Getunderit said:

I know that whatever you do @rockpopandchips it will work out marvelously.

I am just enjoying this build, and now and again my inner child wants to play along.

I know what's it like with scratch building, ideas and things get changed along the way. Inspiration and creativity is a never-ending-story.

Cheers, the best thing about this type of build is the freedom to do whatever you want, there are no rules, it's all down to the individual taste, maybe experiment a bit and to have some fun, Im enjoying myself anyway. The local IPMS are putting on show in Keighley at the end of September, so if this turns out ok I will be taking it along. 

• Like 2

An interesting way on how you created your landscape.

The grass looks lush. My dog would love to roll in that!

Like the little whispers of green on the barer areas 😉.

Love this build, I never know what is going to unfold next.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Getunderit said:

An interesting way on how you created your landscape.

The grass looks lush. My dog would love to roll in that!

Like the little whispers of green on the barer areas 😉.

Love this build, I never know what is going to unfold next.

Thanks, those pictures are a it over exposed so the grass is not quite a bright as they appear in the pictures, Im still not 100% on the rock so going sponge on some yellow or blue and a green washes in a few places and add a few more highlights later.

Battery compartment is all wired so I can finish the tree now and I think I want to get the base all finished and painted before cracking on with ship.  She has a name now thanks to the kids, she is called The Amber Bliss. it's a combination of my girls nicknames when they were in utero.

Edited by rockpopandchips
  • Like 2

Checklist of what I used for the base if anyone is interested.

lefter over polystyrene packing,gypsum builders plaster (leftover from work i did on the house), a few bobs of PVA, cheep £1 shop kids poster paints. The tree was made from copper wire and covered in the same plaster mix and painted using the same cheep paints. Woodland Scenics scatter and tree foliage to finish it off, I don't always use recycled or left over parts.........😃

• Thanks 1

On with the substation and jetty for the top of the hill now, I have also ordered a 1/100 scale 1940s truck that might get the ani-gravity engine conversion as well for this dio. Not sure at the moment, we will see what it looks like when it arrives. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, rockpopandchips said:

Just need to put some oil marks on I think.

And maybe some railings?

BM now has a H&S rep amongst the Mods, you know. 

A week on the naughty step for a first offence!

Seriously. It's looking very nice. Looking forward to the truck.

I was looking at buying a ship kit just for the hull, and build onto it.

But my build rate is glacial at the moment, so I'll just have to dream on.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Getunderit said:

@rockpopandchips, I can't get over that tree of yours, It's so good. Wish you had shown the stages of adding that foliage.

Thanks but once the wire armature is made I just stick on the foliage. It's the Woodland Scenics stuff that make them look good,  I'm just winging it here. 

The jolly-boat painted jolly colours. Still needs a bit more work. 

IMG_20180703_063010.jpg
IMG_20180703_062234.jpg

Edited by rockpopandchips
  • Like 4