Jump to content
This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Recommended Posts

Cutting the hull to make the engine bay, hanger bay for the jolly-boat, amrs for the stadelisers and front viewing bay

 

This cut made me smile.......☠️

 

2018-06-10_12-02-09

 

2018-06-10_12-02-47

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You mad bugger!:D

 

I’ve always had a soft spot for this type of transportation having been a fan of the old ‘Space 1889’ game and ‘Victorian Sci-Fi’ in general. Have a look here for some further inspiration:  

http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=9801.0

 

Mart

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 6/10/2018 at 1:05 PM, LotusArenco said:

You mad bugger!:D

 

I’ve always had a soft spot for this type of transportation having been a fan of the old ‘Space 1889’ game and ‘Victorian Sci-Fi’ in general. Have a look here for some further inspiration:  

http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=9801.0

 

Mart

Cheers for that and the link....... some cool stuff on there. 

 

Well I had no intention of lighting this build but the effect on the engine bell is to good not too (well I think so). 

 

IMG_20180611_164932

 

IMG_20180611_164918

 

 

Now I'm going to have to fit some cabin lights now....... 

 

Edited by rockpopandchips

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice to know that I am not the only one who seems to collect disorder while building something to order.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

fascinating scratch build project

 

even more scratch than Mr Lee Perry has in fact - I love it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thats not messy ? Thats called organized chaos. You know where everything is its just spread out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Gimme Shelter said:

fascinating scratch build project

 

even more scratch than Mr Lee Perry has in fact - I love it

Thanks. 

 

21 hours ago, Getunderit said:

Nice to know that I am not the only one who seems to collect disorder while building something to order.

Yeah I like to make a mess, cheers 

 

2 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Thats not messy ? Thats called organized chaos. You know where everything is its just spread out. 

I have know idea where it all, but if it was all organised where would all the spontaneity come from. Chaos rules once there's room to work......... 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Squeezing these in...... Just! 

 

I want to add a few maneuvering thrusters here and there as well. 

 

IMG_20180612_185210.jpg

 

 

Edited by rockpopandchips

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice engines. Have you got room to add some guitar string dangling hoses? There's something about the negative curves of dangling stuff that makes things look more real.

 

Will

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, Will Vale said:

Nice engines. Have you got room to add some guitar string dangling hoses? There's something about the negative curves of dangling stuff that makes things look more real.

 

Will

Cheers Will and I will be adding dangling pipes, you might even see the mountings just behind the pipe, center front of the engine. 

 

And a progress so far pic to make sure I'm happy with how it's looking so far. 

 

Got to go back and tackle the cabin lights next and you just know there is going to be light leeking out all over the place....... 

 

IMG_20180613_224736.jpg
IMG_20180613_224516.jpg

Edited by rockpopandchips

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Getunderit said:

BRILLIANT!

Cheers.....  as the wife would say "it just sticking and gluing like kids do at nursery"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, rockpopandchips said:

Cheers.....  as the wife would say "it just sticking and gluing like kids do at nursery"

Take it as a complement.

 

I have a library of art books. One book is titled: Children and Their Art, Third Edition, by Gaitskell and Hurwitz (1975). A lot of the artworks in there is amazing. Simple but very effective.

Children are less prone to try and prove themselves (control), so they are more likely to do what pleases them alone (in the flow). Personally, I try to be child-like (not childish) with my model making...it's a lot more fun and creative.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Getunderit said:

Take it as a complement.

 

I have a library of art books. One book is titled: Children and Their Art, Third Edition, by Gaitskell and Hurwitz (1975). A lot of the artworks in there is amazing. Simple but very effective.

Children are less prone to try and prove themselves (control), so they are more likely to do what pleases them alone (in the flow). Personally, I try to be child-like (not childish) with my model making...it's a lot more fun and creative.

That is very well put, Im going to use that as a quote. ( if you don't mind)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15 June 2018 at 10:52 PM, rockpopandchips said:

From engines to bookcases. 

 

2018-06-15_10-46-43

 

Mind blown ! 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cheers all now back to the usual cock ups, I'm working on the cabin lights as an after thought,never a good idea.   I only have blue LED's so blue it is. The upper deck leeks light like a culender lower deck is OK, front viewing space is a mess. Totally drilled the hole in the wrong place and the LED is way to bright. I made a defuser for it but it still a bit brighter than I would like. 

 

These are 9v per wired LED with a resisters already in place,  anyone know if I can I add another resister? 

 

IMG_20180617_170327.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, rockpopandchips said:

These are 9v per wired LED with a resisters already in place,  anyone know if I can I add another resister? 

Looking good! No problem, add a series resistor and it will dim the light from the led 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, rockpopandchips said:

...These are 9v per wired LED with a resisters already in place,  anyone know if I can I add another resister? 

Yes you can add another resistor. I would add anything between 100-500 ohms. Or even add a 500 ohm trimpot, and vary the brightness to your desire.

 

The build is looking great. The blue light in the front cockpit (mouth) is a fantastic idea.

Edited by Getunderit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×