16 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Rust. Check. Odd colours. Check. Odd bolt on/stick on bits. Check.

Yep, looks the part to me.

Cheers Pete, I need to weather  the canopies and for my 1/100 scale figures from china to arrive to finish the top of the ship .

I think I have decided on a shape for the rear stabilizers so I should get those made tonight. Then it's the bit I hate doing, fixing the wires and switches together...................it always goes wrong at this point, but I want to get that part out of way as soon as now.

On a side note I picked up two Detolf cabinets from a local shop for FREE last night, no doors on them both and one has no shelves but they were free, BONUS😁 The down side I need to sortout the man cave to get then to fit........summer project

Love your weathering, that looks fantastic ! 

Ive already gone boss eyed just thinking about painting 1/100 figures lol but I'm very much looking forward to seeing you work your micro voodoo on them. Good score on the Detolfs too mate 👍

Pete

• Like 1

I have been putting the wiring up the Amber Bliss but in on it now and I not enjoying it but I'm working through the loose connections etc, getting the upper and lower hull together is going to also be a pain. 

These pictures make it look better that it as at the moment. 

IMG_20180811_102854.jpg
IMG_20180811_084550.jpg

• Like 3

All the wiring done and glued the upper decks to the hull, few! The red light in the jolly-boat dock will not work, so I won't get the nice red glow to base, are well win some loose some. There was a hideous amount of light leak from the upper hull so before gluing in down I made a sort skirt seal from insulation tape and that worked out great. 

IMG_20180812_093647.jpg

No comments on the wiring please Im still trying to get to grips with it...... Only kidding take the pi*** as much as you like look at the stait of it! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Have a look at getting a spool of thin enamelled (magnet) wire. For the sort of mucking around we do, it’s ideal. Great for threading through tiny holes, easy to hide or disguise as part of the model and takes up virtually no space in model interiors. The only downside is that you need to remember or mark-up which wires are your ‘+’ and ‘-‘ as it’s all one colour.

Mart

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, LotusArenco said:

Have a look at getting a spool of thin enamelled (magnet) wire. For the sort of mucking around we do, it’s ideal. Great for threading through tiny holes, easy to hide or disguise as part of the model and takes up virtually no space in model interiors. The only downside is that you need to remember or mark-up which wires are your ‘+’ and ‘-‘ as it’s all one colour.

Mart

Cheers Mart, what sort of size would you recommend thats a good mid ground between size and easy to soldier? Cheers Brian. 

The spool I use is about 0.23mm (34SWG?). Not so much a recommendation as it’s the only size I’ve got.:lol:

This is my attempt to go blind by soldering up a surface mount LED using it.:hypnotised:

AgehxMi.jpg

And used in anger on a 1/72 Mustang as a landing light.

R97PWyM.jpg

D1YEaYf.jpg

Mart

• Like 3

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, The Spadgent said:

That’s awesome!!!! 🙌 wonderful base too. Something I’m planning to do with the Gundam. 

John.

Cheers Johnny, I was a fun build and still one of my favourites.  There are a few more pictures of it finished here as well.