1 hour ago, Getunderit said:

Excellent!

This is a great build, it gets better and better.

Thanks you. 

I have remade the rack added cargo and rope to hold it all down, painted inside and glued the roof on, time for some paint on this. 

IMG_20180705_213834.jpg

• Like 6

15 hours ago, The Chief Smeg said:

That does look good

Cheers,

10 hours ago, Will Vale said:

Love the truck, the jaunty hover engines really suit it :)

W

Thanks, once painted and a bit of rust and weathering I think it will all come together.

Anyone used the Revell weathering set? I want to add to my limited weathering palet and this looks like a good set for the money, only £8.80 on amazon at the moment and it has a white in it . I think the truck and the ship are going to fiddly and small to using chipping liquid or salt on, so going to do it all post paint. 

Cheers 

• Like 1

Your all far to kind. 

Made a start on the painting the truck this morning before dad duties start. Airbrushed the green so I could do a faded effect and made a start on the wood panel's, I will brush paint the rest of it I think. 

IMG_20180707_103045.jpg

• Like 7

i was just looking at this in RFI and as I said over there it's a quality bit of work and that goes woodgrain is so good, not just the graining but the age and weathering on it is perfectly to scale. you should rightly be pleased it's a great job all round very well executed my friend

Pete

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Brundledonk said:

i was just looking at this in RFI and as I said over there it's a quality bit of work and that goes woodgrain is so good, not just the graining but the age and weathering on it is perfectly to scale. you should rightly be pleased it's a great job all round very well executed my friend

Pete

Cheers Pete, its more luck than skill I think but was a great fun to do.

Edited by rockpopandchips

Moved this to here where is should be. 

I thought it best I use my chipping fluid again so layer down some under coat and rust colours, used tamyia Red, orange and hull red for this and I will leave it a good 24 hours before I do anything more with it. 

IMG_20180712_192209.jpg

• Like 6

On 7/15/2018 at 6:13 PM, Hunter Rose said:

Ooo nice varied rust undercoat!

Cheers. 

On 7/15/2018 at 6:27 PM, Pete in Lincs said:

Surely that's late war Tiger camo? 😄

You could be onto something there...... Lol

On 7/19/2018 at 5:17 PM, morty_3333 said:

Hi There!

Love this!

I'm very much into Steam &  Diesel punk machinery, this falls in there somewhere ,I remember the flying chinese restaurant in Fifth Element!

Keep Sticking!

Cheers,  Pete

Cheers yep defo in the diesel punk theam. 

Trying my hand at a bit painting tonight, chipping solution and a bit of salt for that total junk look, going to need to let this all dry before doing anything else tonight I think. 

IMG_20180720_193957.jpg

• Like 5

You'll need to find room on it for some I.D. numbers in a contrasting colour.

They seem to feature on most of the pictures I've seen.

At the weekend I found that I still have a Frog/Novo Shell Welder ship I built in the early 80's.

So I think that may get recycled and be the basis of a flying ship sometime in the future.

• Like 1