On 6/10/2018 at 1:05 PM, LotusArenco said:

You mad bugger!:D

I’ve always had a soft spot for this type of transportation having been a fan of the old ‘Space 1889’ game and ‘Victorian Sci-Fi’ in general. Have a look here for some further inspiration:  

http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=9801.0

Mart

Cheers for that and the link....... some cool stuff on there. 

Well I had no intention of lighting this build but the effect on the engine bell is to good not too (well I think so). 

IMG_20180611_164932

IMG_20180611_164918

Now I'm going to have to fit some cabin lights now....... 

Edited by rockpopandchips
  • Like 7

3 hours ago, Gimme Shelter said:

fascinating scratch build project

even more scratch than Mr Lee Perry has in fact - I love it

Thanks. 

21 hours ago, Getunderit said:

Nice to know that I am not the only one who seems to collect disorder while building something to order.

Yeah I like to make a mess, cheers 

2 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Thats not messy ? Thats called organized chaos. You know where everything is its just spread out. 

I have know idea where it all, but if it was all organised where would all the spontaneity come from. Chaos rules once there's room to work......... 🤔

• Like 2

Nice engines. Have you got room to add some guitar string dangling hoses? There's something about the negative curves of dangling stuff that makes things look more real.

Will

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Will Vale said:

Nice engines. Have you got room to add some guitar string dangling hoses? There's something about the negative curves of dangling stuff that makes things look more real.

Will

Cheers Will and I will be adding dangling pipes, you might even see the mountings just behind the pipe, center front of the engine. 

And a progress so far pic to make sure I'm happy with how it's looking so far. 

Got to go back and tackle the cabin lights next and you just know there is going to be light leeking out all over the place....... 

IMG_20180613_224736.jpg
IMG_20180613_224516.jpg

Edited by rockpopandchips
  • Like 8

17 minutes ago, rockpopandchips said:

Cheers.....  as the wife would say "it just sticking and gluing like kids do at nursery"

Take it as a complement.

I have a library of art books. One book is titled: Children and Their Art, Third Edition, by Gaitskell and Hurwitz (1975). A lot of the artworks in there is amazing. Simple but very effective.

Children are less prone to try and prove themselves (control), so they are more likely to do what pleases them alone (in the flow). Personally, I try to be child-like (not childish) with my model making...it's a lot more fun and creative.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Getunderit said:

Take it as a complement.

I have a library of art books. One book is titled: Children and Their Art, Third Edition, by Gaitskell and Hurwitz (1975). A lot of the artworks in there is amazing. Simple but very effective.

Children are less prone to try and prove themselves (control), so they are more likely to do what pleases them alone (in the flow). Personally, I try to be child-like (not childish) with my model making...it's a lot more fun and creative.

That is very well put, Im going to use that as a quote. ( if you don't mind)

• Like 1

Cheers all now back to the usual cock ups, I'm working on the cabin lights as an after thought,never a good idea.   I only have blue LED's so blue it is. The upper deck leeks light like a culender lower deck is OK, front viewing space is a mess. Totally drilled the hole in the wrong place and the LED is way to bright. I made a defuser for it but it still a bit brighter than I would like. 

These are 9v per wired LED with a resisters already in place,  anyone know if I can I add another resister? 

IMG_20180617_170327.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, rockpopandchips said:

These are 9v per wired LED with a resisters already in place,  anyone know if I can I add another resister? 

Looking good! No problem, add a series resistor and it will dim the light from the led 👍

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, rockpopandchips said:

...These are 9v per wired LED with a resisters already in place,  anyone know if I can I add another resister? 

Yes you can add another resistor. I would add anything between 100-500 ohms. Or even add a 500 ohm trimpot, and vary the brightness to your desire.

The build is looking great. The blue light in the front cockpit (mouth) is a fantastic idea.

Edited by Getunderit
  • Like 1