Two Bobs Arctic Bandits

DOUGHNUT

Quick question about the Two Bobs Arctic Bandits decal sheet.

Two different mid grey's are mentioned FS36118 and FS36231  Can anyone point out which mid grey to use for the forward, middle and rear ?

Also what grey should be used for the radar nose ?

Thanks in advance

The radome on the F-16 is usually unpainted and is delivered in gray FS #36270, but quickly picks up dirt, moisture, and grime and darkens.  This is the end result:

QL8CDJa.jpg

Having said that, the Aggressors do some unusual things with their jets, so they do paint the radome on some of their aircraft.

Regards,

Murph

I would not use FS36118 on the radome of the F-16. Even with wear and dirt, FS36118 will be too dark. Better to darken FS36231 or FS36270 to give you the shade you want as indicated in the pic above. 

• Like 1

On 5/30/2018 at 1:02 AM, Boman said:

I would not use FS36118 on the radome of the F-16. Even with wear and dirt, FS36118 will be too dark. Better to darken FS36231 or FS36270 to give you the shade you want as indicated in the pic above. 

In Murph's photo posted above, the radomes of the various planes range from medium gray to almost black. No reason why 36118 isn't one possibility for a well worn example.

1 hour ago, Wm Blecky said:

Have you tried to email twobobs and ask them directly?  They are pretty good for helping out.

I think the question has been answered: 36231 is the gray for the segmented camouflage scheme along with white and black. This is also borne out by the color call-outs for the same plane(s) on the Afterburner Arctic Aggressors sheet.