Kitty Hawk 1/48 Bell AH-1Z Viper

This is Kitty Hawk's 1/48 AH-1Z in kit markings for HMLA-367. The only aftermarket is Werner's Wings resin gun turret. The paint is Mr Color 308 and 337. The contrast between the panel line wash and the paint scheme is a little too stark for my liking, but I'm calling this one finished. A full build article and more photos can be seen here: https://jonbryon.com/kitty-hawk-1-48-bell-ah-1z-viper/

Cheers

Jon

ah1z_12.jpg

ah1z_16.jpg

ah1z_15.jpg

ah1z_13.jpg

ah1z_26.jpg

ah1z_23.jpg

ah1z_35.jpg

ah1z_33.jpg

ah1z_25.jpg

ah1z_30.jpg

• Like 38
  • Thanks 2

Thanks all :)

2 minutes ago, ColinChipmunkfan said:

Fantastic finish on the model John, well done - Have you done anything to the canopy to get it so clear and shiny?

Nope, and sadly the canopy is the weak point of the finished article. There's some kind of fogging on the inside of the canopy which has highlighted a fingerprint or two. No CA was used (I use Tamiya Extra Thin) so I'm not sure what has caused this fogging :(

Cheers

Jon

really good looking build - you seemed to have no issue wit the fit?

the helicopter the UK should have bought (with the 70% compatable Venom) for the Royal Marines......instead the UK bought Wildkitten. :(

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Habu12 said:

Nice! But waaaaaay too clean! These snakes get dirty!

:) They do, but this one was from 2011 when they had been in service for only a year...

Jon

• Like 1

Jon,

What the others have said! Very nice build, finish, and weathering. Hard to get a panel line wash with those two greys that doesn't stand out, but you did a very nice job- nothing to be ashamed of,  that's for sure! It would be nice to have a decent Z in 1/72 scale, as it is definitely the nastiest Cobra of them all!

Mike

• Like 1