Chinook - Olathe, May 1982

Hi all!!!

I am testing the water with a few Chinook shots, seeing if there is interest. These come from images I took while visiting the former Olathe Naval Air Station in Missouri. The based unit was the 190th Aviation Company of the U.S. Army Reserve, flying CH-47As and a single Huey. The day was heavy with cloud as you will see, hence the less than perfect shots. However, they do show a range of nose art on these machines which I hope Wokka lovers will appreciate. So, here we go ....

OLA1

OLA7

OLA6

OLA3

OLA4

OLA5

OLA2

A total of 15 Chinooks were on base on that day. Those with nose art were: 64-13137 "Coffee, Tea or Me", 65-7993 "76", 65-8010 "Snoop1"?, 66-0090 "Yosemite Sam", 66-0123 "Watch out for the Bull!" and 66-19000 "Sylvester the Cat". I didn't make note of the Sesame Street machine or Mickey Mouse :(.  

Martin

Edited by RidgeRunner
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for the likes chaps. I am wondering, though, if the time am spending at the scanner with chopper images is worth it! :(.... apart from yours there is, it seems, little interest in anything that doesn’t consume huge amounts of Jet A-1 that then gets blasted through an afterburner :(...

Martin

Edited by RidgeRunner

great photos Martin.

Have you noticed that the Bull nose art is a straight copy of VA-37 Ragin' Bulls, the US Navy squadron? I wonder what the connection is or was it simply just plagarism?

Andy