1/24 Revell Uh-1 Huey

Hello everyone , i just finished the Uh-1 from Revell . In 1/24 Scale ! Amazing beast, very huge. Gotta say im very satisfied with the result. Gotta need a bigger place to put it on.
The model overall is very nice , good fit. I paint the model with Olive drab color from Mr.Color number 304. And add some White to the mixture to lighten up the model.
Decal is the hardest part, but only the shark mouth decal. If you cut the decal in half , it will be better to control it. And the decal on the slide door is tricky, you must apply the decal first then glue the handle on. And the rest is easy.
I did light weathering, just add filter and pin wash. 

Here is the finished model :

IMG_4797IMG_4793IMG_4788IMG_4785

IMG_4784IMG_4779IMG_4778IMG_4777IMG_4776IMG_4774IMG_4773IMG_4772IMG_4771IMG_4770IMG_4768IMG_4766IMG_4764IMG_4763IMG_4762IMG_4761

Thank you for watching !

• Like 36
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Alpha Delta 210 said:

Looks amazing! I didn't even know this kit existed.

Monogram have the same scale of the kit too, people said that revell and monogram 1./24 huey are twin :D

I've got this in my stash, will be next on the bench for me, yours looks great, hope mine looks half as good!

And yeah, it's a MASSIVE kit! I picked mine up for very reasonable money.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gary29 said:

I've got this in my stash, will be next on the bench for me, yours looks great, hope mine looks half as good!

And yeah, it's a MASSIVE kit! I picked mine up for very reasonable money.

Yeah , you should built it , decal is a little challenging but everything is pretty easy 

2 hours ago, IGKent said:

Good build! :yes:

p.s. IMHO, too small grid in the engine compartment

Thank you :d yeah that part is not a separate part , its was mold with the hull of the heli :D

1 hour ago, F-32 said:

Great work!

I love a shark mouthed Huey!

8516042767_d7fcd824d5_k.jpgUH-1B Huey by tony_inkster, on Flickr

Thank you so much :D Yeah , that look is really fearsome

1 hour ago, Gary29 said:

What did you use to turn the upper windows (above the pilot) green?

Hello , i mix 50-50 ratio of Laccque clear green with Mr color leveling thinner , and dip the clear part in and let it stay for 5 minutes and take it out. I use a hairdryer to dry it . 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gary29 said:

What did you use to turn the upper windows (above the pilot) green?

Or you ccan simply paint the clear part with that same ratio but paint from the inside of the clear part and layer by layer for it not to fog the clear part

12 hours ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

Nice build. I did one about 3 years ago. The only problem is the skids will sag after a time with the weight needed to balance it. I replaced both cross members with thick wire.

Yeah , i didnt add weight so the heli is lean to the back 

11 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Excellent Huey Gunship 👍

Thank you so much !

Super model!

As a (sometimes) car modeller, the scale of 1/24 piqued my interest - I'm real glad I looked.

Love how you've done the panel shading and general weathering.  Awesome.

:goodjob:

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TranDuy said:

Yeah , you should built it , decal is a little challenging but everything is pretty easy 

I might even have a go at painting the shark mouth, don't think it would be too difficult to mask, I'll post up my progress, will be a few months before I'm working on it though.

Thanks for the tip on the glass, will definitely do something similar with mine.

• Like 1

On 5/30/2018 at 12:16 PM, kapam said:

Super model!

As a (sometimes) car modeller, the scale of 1/24 piqued my interest - I'm real glad I looked.

Love how you've done the panel shading and general weathering.  Awesome.

:goodjob:

On 5/31/2018 at 4:49 AM, stevej60 said:

Fantastic job on the big old beast!

On 5/30/2018 at 8:28 PM, matteo44 said:

Well done!!!

Great work... congratulations :clap:

Thank you everyone , glad you guy like my model :D

On 5/30/2018 at 2:09 PM, Gary29 said:

I might even have a go at painting the shark mouth, don't think it would be too difficult to mask, I'll post up my progress, will be a few months before I'm working on it though.

Thanks for the tip on the glass, will definitely do something similar with mine.

yeah painting is always better than decal , cant wait to see your finished model !

On 6/1/2018 at 12:52 PM, Unfinished project said:

Few things beat the look of a heavily armed Huey and you’ve definitely captured the look here. Well done sir cracking looking helicopter 

Thank you so much :D

• Like 1

• 2 years later...