This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

BIG X

HO/OO Windmill +++ COMPLETED+++

Loved it, now I'm moved to the new house and in the process of unpacking I'm hoping to get back to the Girder Bridge...

1 minute ago, Kallisti said:

Loved it, now I'm moved to the new house and in the process of unpacking I'm hoping to get back to the Girder Bridge...

I'm glad the move went well - getting back to the hobby is a sure sign that things have gone well.

Just a thought......

The village church is normally built at the highest point in the Parish. A river/stream doesn't flow uphill, so a bridge next door is a bit out of keeping. Usually the village pub is near or next to the church.....

Oops, there's the next project. More tea vicar? :cheers:

On ‎05‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 23:53, Smudge said:

Just record an episode of Trumpton, if I recall the windmill had a very soothing, rhythmic sound.

Apologies if someone has already said this (I did a search and couldn't find it) but you won't find the windmill or Windy Miller in Trumpton.  It was in its predecessor, Camberwick Green.  I think all episodes are on You Tube

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

Apologies if someone has already said this (I did a search and couldn't find it) but you won't find the windmill or Windy Miller in Trumpton.  It was in its predecessor, Camberwick Green.  I think all episodes are on You Tube

I like a man who knows his Camberwick Green - I didn't want to offend anyone, by offering a correction - this is all for fun after all - but You are bang on - Well spotted Chewy. ;)

Ah yes, I stand corrected. Never can remember who is which, Firemen, Soldiers and Mrs Honeyman, all very confusing. Thanks for the heads up on YouTube, I will have to have a look :)

Cracking job on the Windmill, by the way. Looks great :D

Edited by Smudge

On ‎26‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 20:45, Smudge said:

Thanks for the heads up on YouTube, I will have to have a look :)

I introduced my teenage daughter to Camberwick Green on YouTube a few weeks ago.  She was horrified when my wife and I explained that that was cutting edge children's TV in the 60s!

9 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

I introduced my teenage daughter to Camberwick Green on YouTube a few weeks ago.  She was horrified when my wife and I explained that that was cutting edge children's TV in the 60s!

Just as well it wasn't the magic roundabout or mr ben...... ;)